Quantcast

Icycle 2012 - Fontana Village January 28th 2012

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Thanks Christopher, Danny & Wes for bringing it together for 2012

6514001197_d73ed07c4a_o.gif

Sycamore Cycles is proud to present The Icycle Mountain Bike Event January 28th 2012 , the most fun you'll ever have on two wheels, rain, sleet, snow or sunshine. The 2012 Icycle will be a mountain biking event to remember. This action packed day and evening will be enjoyed by all who brave the elements!

XC Mtn Bike Races:
RACER MEETING 10:30am at the Ballfield
Lemans Start at 11:00am for Beginner, Sport, and Big Bike Categories.
Lemans Start at 1:00pm for Expert and Single Speed Categories.
7 mile course offering some of the finest WNC single-track. Course consist of varied terrain with rocks, roots, creeks, & wide open passing lanes.

XC Categories:
  • Sport (M/F) - 11:00AM (2 Laps)
  • Big Bike (13 inches total travel, flat pedals, and <35 lbs) (co-ed) - 11:05AM (1 Lap)
  • Beginner (M/F) - 11:10AM (1 Lap)
  • Expert (M/F) - 1:00PM (3 Laps)
  • Single Speed (co-ed) - 1:05PM (2 Laps)

Night Downhill Race:
RACER MEETING 5:30pm at the DH Finish & Shuttle Pick-up Area
Begin at Dark 30: Light up the night!

DH Categories:
  • Expert (M/F)
  • Sport (M/F)
  • Beginner (M/F)
  • Hard Ass = Fully Rigid (coed)

Night Downhill: In order to participate, riders must have a 10 watt or 150 lumens or greater night riding light. Racers must do one night run or will not be allowed to start their race run.

Additional Information:
Registration and check in at the Fontana Village Adventure Center 8:00am to 12:30 am for XC registristration closes 30 min prior to each event. Registration reopens at 4:00pm to 5:00 for downhill January 28th. Day of registrants $10 late fee.

Prices:
Pre-Register Online: $30 single event / $50 double event
Day of Race register: $40 single event / $60 double event

Event held rain, shine, or snow. No-refunds. Helmets must be worn

Event Website:
coming soon
http://www.icyclerace.com/
old site http://jandwevents.com

Register Online http://go-greenevents.com/event/id/567

Lodging:
Rooms & Cabins are available by calling Fontana Village Resort at 1-800-849-2258.
Fontana Village Resort
300 Woods Roads
P.O. Box 68
Fontana Dam, NC 28733

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

Tele.: 828.498.2211
Toll Free: 800.849.2258

Last edited:

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Brad.... are they pet friendly? I didn't see anything listed on their site.
Yeah the place is pet friendly, but they require a $150?? (i think) pet deposit can't find the details on their site.. so i really don't know if that is refundable or not

i know plenty of people that have brought dogs in the past and didn't pay a deposit, and have heard stories of people having an added fee when they went to check out for having a pet and not paying the deposit up front...

if i were you; i'd call'em call 800-849-2258 and ask what their policy is.... they're super cool and the place is pretty much abandoned except for the people there for Icycle...

Last edited:

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Free Entry Contest - just "Like Us" on Facebook!

Let's bring some good luck to this Friday! We are going to give away a Free Entry to the Icycle Mountain Bike Event, if we reach 200 likes on the ICYCLE Facebook Page by midnight Friday the 13th (this Friday). Invite your friends and we will have a drawing for one Lucky Racer. we're at 100 right now.

http://www.facebook.com/Icycle2012

Online Registration is Here http://go-greenevents.com/event/id/567

Prices:
  • Pre-Register: $30 single event / $50 double event
  • Day of Race register: $40 single event / $60 double event

XC Mtn Bike Races:
RACER MEETING 10:30am at the Ballfield
  • Lemans Start at 11:00am for Beginner, Sport, and Big Bike Categories.
  • Lemans Start at 1:00pm for Expert and Single Speed Categories.
  • 7 mile course offering some of the finest WNC single-track. Course consist of varied terrain with rocks, roots, creeks, & wide open passing lanes.

XC Categories:
  • Sport (M/F) - 11:00AM (2 Laps)
  • Big Bike (13 inches total travel, flat pedals, and <35 lbs) (co-ed) - 11:05AM (1 Lap)
  • Beginner (M/F) - 11:10AM (1 Lap)
  • Expert (M/F) - 1:00PM (3 Laps)
  • Single Speed (co-ed) - 1:05PM (2 Laps)
Night Downhill Races:
RACER MEETING 5:30pm at the DH Finish & Shuttle Pick-up Area
Begin at Dark 30: Light up the night!

DH Categories:
  • Expert (M/F)
  • Sport (M/F)
  • Beginner (M/F)
  • Hard Ass = Fully Rigid (coed)
Night Downhill: In order to participate, riders must have a 10 watt or 150 lumens or greater night riding light. Racers must do one night run or will not be allowed to start their race run.

Additional Information:
Registration and check in at the Fontana Village Adventure Center 8:00am to 12:30 am for XC registristration closes 30 min prior to each event. Registration reopens at 4:00pm to 5:00 for downhill January 28th. Day of registrants $10 late fee.

Event Map

[/QUOTE]

Mwehahaha

Chimp
Mar 10, 2008
Brevard NC
Same track for DH as last year. Big bike is lots of fun, what I used last year and had great success. Things are dusty...

XC is different this year, bringing back some old school tight single track, going to be lots of fun!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You are probaly not gonna see pics for a little while because I am pretty sure everyone there woke up with a pretty bad case of beer flu this morning. It was rampant.

Once again, the Icycle owns.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
You are probaly not gonna see pics for a little while because I am pretty sure everyone there woke up with a pretty bad case of beer flu this morning. It was rampant.
That's an understatement.

"Kick him in the nuts!" is my last memory.

I knew it was going well when I hopped in shotgun of the uhual and the girl in the cab said "Let me out, I don't wanna get puked on."

Last edited:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC

I knew it was going well when I hopped in shotgun of the uhual and the girl in the cab said "Let me out, I don't wanna get puked on."
You know how to treat the ladies, dont ya?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

No doubt man. You were straight "Weekend at Bernie's" out there.
I yelled "Mueller" at you from the truck about 20 feet away, and you did not even move.
Ha, you were wearing a nice set of beermuffs.