Quantcast

Idaho Riding?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm heading out to Boise this summer and I'm wondering if there are any lifts worth riding near there. I would be doing "real" DH on a Demo 8 so maybe Sun Valley isn't the place for me.

I'd love to go to Schweitzer but it's too far from Boise for me. Any recommendations of lifts or even trails I could shuttle?

If this isn't in the right forum let me know.

Thanks!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Bicyclist said:
I'm heading out to Boise this summer and I'm wondering if there are any lifts worth riding near there. I would be doing "real" DH on a Demo 8 so maybe Sun Valley isn't the place for me.

I'd love to go to Schweitzer but it's too far from Boise for me. Any recommendations of lifts or even trails I could shuttle?

If this isn't in the right forum let me know.

Thanks!

Both Tamarack and Brundage (near McCall, about 2.5 hours from Boise) have lift serve. I *think* there's liftserve at Sun Valley, not sure about Bogus. Tamarack brough in Joey Klein to design the trails there, I've heard it's pretty nice.

Schweitzer is not worth the drive unless you like riding service roads. However, Silver Mt is a lot of fun. Long way from Boise, thou, 8 hours or so.

geargrrl

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Geargrrl, thanks for the advice!

It looks like Sun Valley is for beginners.

Tamarack looks OK as does Brundage. Who's ridden both? What would you recommend?

Also, are there any shuttle-able singletracks? I've seen pics of Devil's Gultch I think it's called and that looked fun. Basically recommend any riding within 3 hours of Boise, preferably closer if possible.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
ya i rode silver on opening day. there was still a little snow at the top so all the jumps and berms were covered up which sucked, but once that melts and the trailcrew really gets to work (starting this week i heard) then it will be pretty sick. the woods sections are so fun, they remind me of the athertons' section in earthed. they also made some wood kickers to dirt landings that were pretty fun, i think someone said they were about 18 feet. i can't wait to see what they trail crew comes up with this year.

on our way back we hit beacon and that was the funnest place i've ridden since whistler.