Quantcast

Ideas for a fun weekend ride please :)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'd rather save the bucks and see the scenery, but since I'm only one of two who will be in the vehicle, I should prolly not commit till he and I sit down and figure out how we want to get there. :D Especially with my history of getting horribly lost. :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
actually nvmd, i might not go. 'tis far. :think:
it's not far at all relatively speaking of course.
Clicky for Vista view

RhinofromWA said:
but I have driven around probably 90% of the time. It gets shorter everytime. :D
No doubt, it's not a long drive at all, it takes 1hr. from Seatac Airport, add whatever time it takes you to drive by the airport. :think:
Mike you started all this stuff, damn south enders always stirrin up trouble....

Jr_Bullit said:
I'd rather save the bucks and see the scenery.
We can meet off I-5 somewhere and everyone can follow me. it'll be a convoy.....:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
i've got room in my car if someone needs a ride. Gonna try to get Happy to go he's been lamin out lately....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
We'll have room in our truck too. We usually meet at the Perfomance in Tacoma and convoy from there. Evilbob has been there before.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Wowzors - this is gonna be a party! Whose bringing the booze? :D :drool: :p

Seriously - I haven't been on this big of a group ride since I rode with the BBTC women's night rides.

Who all do we have:
Skookum
Snacks
Trailhacker
Evilbob
Happy
PNJ
Psycho
Toshi?
Me
Steve

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yeah, i'll wake up all early on saturday and go since evilbob said it's worth the drive... :D so my offer of two, possibly three extra spots for bikes + riders from seattle is valid again

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Skookum said:
We can meet off I-5 somewhere and everyone can follow me. it'll be a convoy.....:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
i've got room in my car if someone needs a ride. Gonna try to get Happy to go he's been lamin out lately....
Just to meet up with people....I suggest the Truck scale near Wild Waves water park. It is an easy pull off and waite area and there is no trouble getting back on. There is even a porta-john :) It is easier thatn any other exit parking lot meeting type place.

Jr_B I think you could find that. :D

RhinofromWA said:
Just to meet up with people....I suggest the Truck scale near Wild Waves water park. It is an easy pull off and waite area and there is no trouble getting back on. There is even a porta-john :) It is easier thatn any other exit parking lot meeting type place.

Kevin,

You going??? or just being a good monkey and helping freinds find there way to a ride???

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
RhinofromWA said:

oohhhhh maybe :D ;)

you coming?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Vno said:
I'm in, unless I get bumped from the flight after work on friday. What time at the Wild Waves truck stop?
Great idea uhmmm 9'O clock would be a good time to meet there....
Never thought of using that truck stop before......

Skookum said:
Great idea uhmmm 9'O clock would be a good time to meet there....
Never thought of using that truck stop before......
I've heard some rumors about that stop.
Appearently it was popular place for the 'alternative lifestyle' types to meet and go for 'nature walks' in the woods. You'll notice the woods are fenced off now.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
PsychO!1 said:
Appearently it was popular place for the 'alternative lifestyle' types to meet and go for 'nature walks' in the woods. You'll notice the woods are fenced off now.
Haha probably better not to stop at places like that with hitchhikers either...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Soooo - 9:00 at the truck stop :D
Toshi & Evilbob - Steve and I are gonna drive down in my car, do you two want to train? (i.e. follow one another)?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
PsychO!1 said:
:eek: I fear I have said to much....

:p

No I don't see myself making it....just trying to cut down on the mayhem of a caravan gathering. We have done it many times trraveling to motorcycle races. No delays....nothing to distract....just assemble and hit the road.

No food markets to get lunch....stations to gas up.....go to the bathroom (well the porta-john but most are to freaked to go that route :) ) ....not much to delay the departure once everyone has arrived. Not that anything like that ever happens :rolleyes: :D

Have fun everyone.....I may find my way out to spectate at the indoor BMXy thingy soon. I will bring my camera.

I rode 18 miles yesterday on the centenial trail and froze my rump :o: :) I swear it was sunny when I left.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Was a great day for a fun ride at Green. We had psycho's with old skewl bikes, mushroom hunters, a desert rider who doesn't believe in front brakes, a couple of half gimped out hike a bikers, and a bonking photographer.
Was great riding with you all! Can't wait to see the pics. :)

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
My vacation is complete...all in one day. More fun than I could have ever expected. Is there a trail Skookum doesn't know? I've never been so wet and happy! The trails were great, the people were awesome. Hope to ride with meet up with some more of you great people over the next week.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Yea that was good today. Was nice meeting Vno for the first time, trails were awesome, sky was perfect, riders were cool, views excellent and the birds were a fun little unexpected break. The only thing not perfect was my front tire getting in a disagreement with a sapling on the outside of a corner I blew...... :think: my tire lost and over the bars I went... :eek: ...the nice bushes on plummers were kind enough to catch me with no other witnesses.......... so if nobody else saw it, it didn't really happen right. :D