Quantcast

Ideas for thin sliced boneless chicken cutlets?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have a pound and a half of these things I need to use. Usually I use them for chicken marsala but am looking for other ideas. I used the other package earlier this week for chicken stir fry.

Fire away. Winner gets to buy me a beer.

Paillards? tasty and fairly easy.
Francese...........awesome.
saltimboca............sick
rollatini's..........very tasty

pan roasted and tosses in a salad.
fresh mozzarella add chicken and a hero and some micro greens and balsamic dressing......nice!
Fajitas!!

c'mon.............I could go on all day!!

Cook 'em up and devour!!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'd do paillard in some panko bread crumbs. Throw in a nice arugula salad, some mozarella, grape tomatoes, and a basil/garlic/lemon/olive oil/white wine dressing and you have a tasty summer dinner on the porch. Pair with a light Hefe (I'm thinking Pyramid or Widmer) and you're set. Maaybe Blue Moon if you're not above that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WTF is a paillard or saltimbocca? :confused:

I went with the burritos. I grilled the chikkon. Thin sliced chikin grills in about two minutes. The burritos were awesome.

And yes, I am above Blue Moon. :monkey:

Saltimbocca (also saltinbocca) (Italian: jumps in the mouth) is a dish (popular in southern Switzerland, Italy, Spain and Greece) made of veal, chicken or pork, lined or topped with prosciutto and sage; marinated in wine, oil or saltwater depending on the region or one's own taste. This dish is also occasionally topped with capers depending on individual taste.

The most famous version of this dish is saltimbocca alla Romana (saltimbocca, Roman-style) (although it probably originated in Brescia) which consists of veal, prosciutto or ham, and sage, rolled-up and cooked in Marsala and butter.
Substitute CHICKEN for veal.

paillard: A slice of veal, chicken, or beef that is pounded until very thin and cooked quickly.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Too late but since they probably have essentially no flavor, burritos/fajitas are a good idea because of all the extra stuff. You could also do something like a philly-style cheesesteak. (Or is that a cheesechicken?)