Quantcast

Identity theft

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
A strange example of this (sort of). I got a speeding ticket a month ago. According to the California DMV my licence has been suspended for 25 years! I'm 32... do the math. DMV will still not budge on this...WTF!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dhtahoe said:
A strange example of this (sort of). I got a speeding ticket a month ago. According to the California DMV my licence has been suspended for 25 years! I'm 32... do the math. DMV will still not budge on this...WTF!
Make sense, unless you think a 7 year old should be able to drive?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Folks! Since we're on the subject... in January my company hired a new staff person... all these thefts started occurring... no one wanted to point fingers... but it seemed a little odd that two credit cards were stolen within two hours of this woman starting in our office. (My bank card and my boss's credit card and driver's license were stolen.) As time went on, more and more people had their cards stolen. Charges began to get racked up on credit cards people didn't notice had been stolen. My co-workers began finding that someone had opened credit accounts fraudulently in their names.

We work in a federal building, so the Dept. of Homeland Security investigated it. They matched up security camera footage from the time the stolen cards were used... brought us photos.... and BAM! the woman in the photo looks remarkably like our (former) administrative assistant. (She was fired for looking for a job online at work.) Not sure what happened but the investigator said his department was "arranging a meeting" with our former AA.

You never know who you can trust. Especially not the new girl who seems all nervous because it's her first day at a new job.