Quantcast

Ididaride compete!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I wanted to do it this year, but do to some, uh, "unpleasantries" I wasn't able to. Definitely on my to-do list for next year.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Man, I think my legs hurt more today. :dead: I don't have many pics, but I do have at least one of me in my RM shirt representin'! :thumb: I haven't gotten it online yet though... :p As for beer, the had Davidson Bros. there w/ tons! First one was free and then $2 a beer after that. Sooo good! :drool: It was a good time for sure. :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention... I ran over something (broken glass?) coming out of Speculator and blew my rear tube. Unfortunately I didn't notice at the time that it had actually made a decent gash in the tire, so I changed the tube, rode about 10 miles and got another flat. Now, I was out of tubes and CO2. Some dude stopped and gave me a tube and let me borrow his pump and that got me another couple miles and then that one went. At that point (at mile 41) I thought I was done. But fortuantely the EMS sag wagon was prepared for this sort of issue and had tubes and tires. So I got everything replaced and was on my way. Of course by this time, by friend Jim was about 40 mins. ahead of me, but what can you do? I still managed to catch up to a bunch people that passed me and in the end, I'm just happy I was able to finish. :)