Quantcast

Idiots guide to dialing in deraillers...help

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
For the life of me I cannot figure out them darn deraillers. I even went out and bought Zinn's 2nd edition. I recently put a Gravity Check Bash guard in place of my 44T, burly lookin..thanks Kevin from webcyclery, and I need to shorten my chainline, on top of that it turns out that my housing on my cable was too short and jacked **** up in the rear. Soooo I gots new cable and new housing but can't put it all together. Please i ride the short bus need help.

thatoneguy

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
N. California
put your chain in smallest ring on your cassette . Once this is done, view the deraileur from the rear, and make sure the pulley lines up directly with the small cog on the back. The screw marked H is the one that adjusts this in or out. Next, push the deraileur up into the chainstay, not hard, and make sure the housing of the cable is fairly tight. The rest of the housing can be run the way you like. Put the cable through the housing, and attach it to the deraileur. Stretch it out by pulling on the cable first, otherwise you will have to do this later. The screw marked L is the one you have to adjsut to stop the deraileur from going into the spokes.

I always recommend going to your LBS to have them do it...