Quantcast

Idyllwild Weekend 14th/15th?

czogrady

Chimp
Oct 9, 2009
So far the weekend of the 14th November looks the most promising, though I haven't heard from everyone yet. There are plenty of cabins available, and rates are lower than the following weekend, when many people will be going up for the entire holiday period (Thanksgiving).

Also, I have that Friday off and can get up there early to open the place up and start a pot of soup.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Nov 7 would work for me.

Nov 14, my husband will be working, so unless I have my mom come out from Texas (which she can do since my dad's a retired AA pilot), I would have the baby with me.

So, the 14th is do-able for me, but be aware that I might have a 1-year-old with me. FWIW, Jane travels well and is very easy-going. We ride with the Burley trailer on fire roads and double track. We climb very slowly. I might have a seat rack by then, too, which would mean I could ride singletrack.

Thoughts? I will not be offended if anyone says "I'd be uncomfortable with a baby on the trip." or "We would be able to focus better without a baby around." :)

Nov 19th, we are going to NJ for Thanksgiving.

-Laura

AEP

Chimp
Oct 20, 2009
Weekend of the 14th works great -- look forward to it! And while I have no clue what we are planning to do, I wouldn't mind having cute Jane along :)

-Ashley

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Retreat details

Fri-Sun, 13-15 Nov. We will meet up in Idyllwild on Fri after work and probably stay until Sun lunch.

Will discuss the agenda/itinerary for the Retreat at the meeting the 1st week of Nov. Cindy O'Grady is getting the lodging together for the group, we are trying to stay under $50/person.

Also we need someone to step up and coordinate the food/how we are going to do meals for this event... takers??

bevin

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Hey Ladies,

Attached is the latest and greatest...

Remember to bring:
- Fri night: be prepared to discuss your 3 skills/abilities that will most help the team
-money for lodging (~$60) and group food costs (~$10-$15)
-address/phone: 25535 Seneca Drive, Idyllwild, CA (951) 659-5821.

Yay! I think this is going to be Super Fun :weee:

~Miss B

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I'd like to take a mtn bike ride Sat after a quick lunch. I have to leave there to come back to San Diego by 1:30 Sat.

Alternatively, we could have a little skills clinic.

Does anyone NEED a mountain bike?

-Laura