Quantcast

if it wasnt a matched set you'd think they were from different bodies

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I just threw-up a little bit in my mouf.

PS: Thanks for the demo. Now I'm never shaving my legs... no matter how much my lady wants.

Hairy men unite!

Err, umm.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
LordOpie said:
I just threw-up a little bit in my mouf.
PS: Thanks for the demo. Now I'm never shaving my legs... no matter how much my lady wants.

Hairy men unite!

Err, umm.
I’ve been riding for errr well ever and this is only the second time I have shaved. I have heard arguments the whole time for why it’s done. I could honestly never justify it for myself until I tried it. There are 2 major benefits I have noticed:
1. Dirt – there just isn’t as much junk that sticks to your legs. I did 2 back to back rides of the same place 1 day with hair one day without. The second day without the hair I had about ¼ the dirt and junk stuck to my legs, which leads into the second perceived benefit
2. Temperature control – I have noticed a significant drop in body temperature. I believe that all that hair traps heat in and keep you from cooling off as efficiently AND with all that junk on your legs clogging the pores keeping your from sweating ect that stuff traps the heat. Not having hair to do all that keeps your core temperature down.
This is of course all my personal observations but I believe in them and when the road temperature gets into the 120’s you need all the help you can get keeping cool.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Westy said:
There are certain things that should be kept private. This is one of those things.
:blah:
:stupid:

The hair on my back just stood up. I should go shave it.

then take pictures and post them so other people can have that same nasty feeling I JUST HAD! :confused:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
The Toninator said:
2. Temperature control – I have noticed a significant drop in body temperature.
I had not heard that one before. It makes sense. Hopefully you won't have to tell about the benefits of how road rash is not as bad without hair on your legs.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
There are many valid reasons to shave.

I just can't.

Plus, I only shave my face and junk twice a week. Not sure how I could bother shaving anything else.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
LordOpie said:
There are many valid reasons to shave.

I just can't.

Plus, I only shave my face and junk twice a week. Not sure how I could bother shaving anything else.

The preceding statement has been the mandatory monthy mention of Opie's prediliction for junk shaving. The next regularly scheduled mention will occur on the 4th Tuesday in June.