Quantcast

if mccain's elected, the u.n. may be further marginalized

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
McCain Backs `League of Democracies' to Defend Values
March 26 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain called for a new ``League of Democracies'' to advance western values and said he'd explore a free-trade agreement with the European Union in a speech outlining his foreign policy positions.

``We have to strengthen our global alliances as the core of a new global compact -- a League of Democracies -- that can harness the vast influence of the more than 100 democratic nations around the world to advance our values and defend our shared interests,'' McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, told the Los Angeles World Affairs Council.
of course, this isn't new: The League of Democracies. Or: Making the UN relevant again, from march 21, 2004

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I only hope he starts up some new crusades to weed out the non-believers. Spreading democracy on a whole new level.

That would be awesome!

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
After filling up my truck ($160) on the way home from work I catch a news report on multiple states that are getting ready to go belly up… Illinois current budget short fall of $1.2 billion… Kentucky projecting a $900 million shortage by next year… California is what $15 billion off?

This fvcking joker thinks he’s going to war for the next fifty years??? LOL so fvcking much it kinda hurt

From where does this ass muncher think he’s going to pull the trillions it what take to accomplish such an ill fated venture? How many years does he think we can go on devastating foreign landscapes before the same is dealt upon us?
We can't go on creating "far away" battle fields and expect not even one, to break out here... this is an inevitable scenario for continuing with our ways of war.

If you like this little 72 year old war mongoring pc. of SHlT, vote for him, but don’t bitch when your 18 year old son is getting drafted and sent over to clean up this fvcking nightmare of a president’s 50 year war.:plthumbsdown:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Isnt Shrubs "advanciment of western values" what started this idiocy in the first place?
Somebody needs a touch of reality...not everyone wants to be like us.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm getting some cool knight's templar riding gear. the representation is coming.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
i'm getting some cool knight's templar riding gear. the representation is coming.

Haha, I'm there with you. We need some sorrta icon to carry into battle too. I'm thinking a massive wooden starbucks sign that takes four people to hold or a 50ft light up Ronald McDonald.

If all this happen it'd probably be worth while to change the title of The Presidency to "Americas' Pope." Much cooler hats this way.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
After filling up my truck ($160) on the way home from work I catch a news report on multiple states that are getting ready to go belly up… Illinois current budget short fall of $1.2 billion… Kentucky projecting a $900 million shortage by next year… California is what $15 billion off?

This fvcking joker thinks he’s going to war for the next fifty years??? LOL so fvcking much it kinda hurt

From where does this ass muncher think he’s going to pull the trillions it what take to accomplish such an ill fated venture? How many years does he think we can go on devastating foreign landscapes before the same is dealt upon us?
We can't go on creating "far away" battle fields and expect not even one, to break out here... this is an inevitable scenario for continuing with our ways of war.

If you like this little 72 year old war mongoring pc. of SHlT, vote for him, but don’t bitch when your 18 year old son is getting drafted and sent over to clean up this fvcking nightmare of a president’s 50 year war.:plthumbsdown:
Settle down, Beavis.

50 years of presence in Iraq is not 50 years of WAR.

Are we still fighting a war in Japan or Germany?

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Settle down, Beavis.

50 years of presence in Iraq is not 50 years of WAR.

Are we still fighting a war in Japan or Germany?
I think you missed my point there butthead…

Point being… we’re already on the verge of a massive financial collapse (if you haven‘t noticed yet), much of this credit will eventually be given to our extremely poor military decisions and actions that we’ve carried out in the past 5 years, let us not forget that we still haven’t paid for the near trillion dollars we’re currently in debt for, do to our current debacle of thing we like to call “military presence”.

we’re not at war right now, but it’s still cost us a trillion

Germany and Japan are very sad comparisons at best…
for the shallow minded - (hint/clue): holy war/jihad

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm not comparing Iraq to Germany or Japan as countries or political problems, but comparing the idea presence vs. an active war.

Everyone's screaming "McCain wants 50 years of war!" when, in fact, he does not. Krauthammer had a good op-ed about it a few days ago.

I've never even supported the idea of the Iraq war; this isn't a political point for me. I'm just offended by the hyperbole and inaccuracy of most politicians and news outlets.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Everyone's screaming "McCain wants 50 years of war!" when, in fact, he does not.
I've never even supported the idea of the Iraq war; this isn't a political point for me. I'm just offended by the hyperbole and inaccuracy of most politicians and news outlets.
I'm glad you didn't go all N8 style on the Iraq start:biggrin:

The problem with Mccain & all three front runners is the intended focus, it's been clearly placed right out in front of everyone… it’s fvcking violent and it's extremely expensive. I’m fvcking over it… it will eventually drag this country to it’s knees with out a shadow of a doubt, if someone believes other wise; = floating on the river of de~nial.

I have 3 year old girl and a new baby on the way... no more war votes:lighten:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Not comparing them, financially or otherwise, except to illustrate the point that presence does not mean 'war.'