Quantcast

If money were no object...

Suareezay

Chimp
Oct 20, 2004
What bike would you buy, assuming you werent going to customize it, you were just going to buy it the way it is available from the manufacturer.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Most of us, money being no object, would build the bike from individual components...most high-end bikes come as frames only, with the option of a factory build kit for a few brands.

Gotta specify what kind of riding it is, too...lots of us are 'niche' riders, so we'll look at a downhill bike or an XC race bike instead of something that's all-over useful and fun.

Hard question, though. I gotta think. Probably, if it were to be my only bike, I'd get an Evil Sovereign hardtail frame with a Fox 36 fork and a nice build. Good for every kind of riding, including the dh/freeride stuff I usually do. If I was going to get a full suspension, it'd be my current turner RFX or the newer 6-pack design. For a downhill bike...hmmm...THAT's tough. Probably give one of the new PDC frames a try, again with a nice build on it.

MD

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Well.....If money were no object........

Foes mono
Curnutt XTD Fork
Chris king hubs-gold
Chris King headset-Gold
Mavic 729 wheels
Hope 6 piston brakes
Maxxis Highroller 2.7's
ODI ruffian Grips
Mallet C pedals
Saint cranks
E-13 SRS
Some carbon bars
Sram X.0 derailer
Sram trigger shifters

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Expensive inexpensive bicycle:
Surly 1x1 frame and fork (white)
Gold Chris King headset and singlespeed hubs
Thomson stem and seatpost
Easton EA-70 bar
Old XTR V's and levers
Mavic rims
WTB rubber
Selle Italia saddle
Truvativ stylo cranks and bb
Crank Bros Candy SL pedals

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Suareezay said:
What bike would you buy, assuming you werent going to customize it, you were just going to buy it the way it is available from the manufacturer.
i dont think i understand the question, if i 'wasnt' going to customize it? If i was going to drop a serious wad on a bike it's going to be completely custom. Most bike lines are produced for market trends and for the same price you could completely customize it to your exacting taste.

But if i were going to buy an off the shelf top of the line bike it would probably be a moots hard tail.

i'd also like a fs xc rig too but i'm not sure which one. I've been looking around.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
built up bike for everthing and one of those 4 wheel drive vans that are custom built for expeditions. that way i would not be the one customizing it. I would get a stable full of santa cruz and a banshee as well. I would probably end up with some phatty boombatty japanese or euro sports car as well as a dirt bike. i would buy several houses as well and probably a couple of houses and cars for my folks.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
either a V-10 a VP free or some type of Foes mabye like a Mono with insane parts like nice e-thirteen stuff some race face components.......but the fact is money does exist so i can barely afford a squish........ah i hate mountain biking and the "overpricidness"

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
priceseliger14 said:
Ide buy a SC V-10 with like a 05 888 with all sorts of goodies, like Hadly hubs and 321's, hayes, CK headset, and other parts that im to lazy to mention
888 :rolleyes: wtf ? Not Avalanche, Currnet etc. :sneaky: ? No race links, niclodi(sp?), any thing cool? (not that the V-10 isnt beautiful, and i wish i had one :) ).