Quantcast

if you could only have one bike...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
... what would it be? HT? trailbike? Downhill? Trials? *gasp*roadie?

For me, it would probably be a HT with a 3-5" travel adjustable fork. In 5" mode it would be a good trail bike. In 3" mode, a good XC bike. Slap some road tires on it and it's a commuter bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm actually quite happy with my Hollowpoint. Seems to serve all purpose for me and I have a good fast light HT for thoes XC times.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Maybe just a set of Magura Louise to upgrade my Hayes HFX9's one of these days. Other then that I now have my "One Bike" :cool:

And this is a good excuse to repost the pictures :think:

Here it is my Large Transblue. Recently upgraded for 05 :D

more details

Large Frame
5th Element Coil with 450lb spring
Fox Talas
XT HollowTech Cranks
X9 shifter
x9 rear derailur
XT front derailur
Hayes HFX-9's
CrossMax XL's
Thomson 90mm stem and seat post
WTB Laser seat
Richey Bars and Yeti grips
and that is Frontier Louie Duck as my Mojo

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
riding a bike has always been about progression for me. riding a mtn. bike is just riding along, to me. It's fun, I enjoy being outside and running things over and getting exercise on my mtn. bike but it's not progression for me. regression, if anything.

so because of that, I'd I have to pick my original love, 20 inch. I could be pretty content in a flat parking lot.

this picture is my friend mark. 38 years old, 25 or more on a bmx bike and still going strong. :stupid:

Attachments

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Maybe just a set of Magura Louise to upgrade my Hayes HFX9's one of these days. Other then that I now have my "One Bike" :cool:

And this is a good excuse to repost the pictures :think:

Here it is my Large Transblue. Recently upgraded for 05 :D

Check your PM's

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
A 5" trail bike, like a 5 spot, would be a good fit for the one bike scenario. It would get the crap pounded out of it if I did DH on it though.

A quiver is a very nice thing to have ;)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
zod said:
something medium travel fs.......like my FR2000, but I would miss my hardtail and unicycle :(
bike = bicycle = TWO wheels.

I think you could keep your uni. ;)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Zark said:
A 5" trail bike, like a 5 spot, would be a good fit for the one bike scenario. It would get the crap pounded out of it if I did DH on it though.

A quiver is a very nice thing to have ;)
I second the...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I have only 1 bike and its a bike that I can setup to do just about anything. 02 AC air with 2 pairs of wheels/tires for diffferent types of riding. I just set the shock at 4" for XC and use the SUN DS1 rims, 5" for trail with Rhino Lites, and 6" for more extreme stuff like drops and DH.

So there you have it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i guess since i am only riding one bike right now, well here it is.

however i REALLY miss having a hardtail because i love to ride urban/park so much and now it is really boring on my big bike.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm not picky. Just give me something with at least 5" in both the front and back, strong enough to handle the beating I'll give it, and light enough to use as a trail bike.

My Quasi Moto works just fine. :)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
green machine is badass but, it's not a bike. :D it's a trike.....

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
My heckler.

04 Heckler
00 Z1 QR20
Singletrack Wheels XT rear/Marz QR20 Front
FSA Vdrive Cranks, GigaPipe DH BB
now has 2.35 High rollers on it
50mm diabolous stem
HFX 9 brakes
Thomson Post

I'd swap the wheels for 721s with king hubs, Saint cranks, Avid juicy 5 brakes, Thomson X4 Stem with easton bar, and a pike fork. (thats my plan anyway.)

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
hmm

ti singlespeed, full king, full thompson, full bling, hope discs. have to have a steel rigid fork and a fox talas or something like that. all grey/black.

maybe something like a titus exogrid for the ti/carbon goodness. Ti Jericho? hmm :evil:

wow. that'd be about $5K for a whole build.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
My 2000 853 hardtail. I rode it for a few years, built up something different, only to realize that the original didn't need replacing. I've ridden it with a 3, 4, and 5" fork; although it didn't feel very good with 5" up front, it was still a fun bike that I rode everywhere.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'd pick my road bike. most useful for me. has fenders, which is key :D