Quantcast

If you don't build it....

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
how about you leave it the f*#k alone??? I cut a giant tree that was blocking a trail and people made a stupid ride around for. When I cut this particular 15 - 18" tree, I cut it all the way through in one spot, a stepped spot and a spot that was the full log. For the stepped spot I hunted like mad to find logs that would make for a little roller for folks to practice on. It had the best of all worlds for people to ignore or to progress on. However, some <expression of self loathing?> has chosen to move the logs. For what reason, I don't know. What I do know is, if you don't build it, and it's non-intrusive, don't f*#k with it. Why do people feel so compelled??? I should go build a rock wall there. A**holes!!!! :rant:

Editor: I'm sure that L-G wouldn't bash others...

splat

Nam I am
People Suck that is all ther eis too it . We are constantly trying to/Close Trail Braids .

one particular trail day , I closed a Trail braid with atree , right in front of these 3 guys , not 10 minutes later I see one of them Make a New cut through to get over to t hte other trail. I yell over at them "If your not going to help us , don't hinder us " , the other 2 followed him!

But we have had to start building Walls lining entire long sections of trail to stop the braiders who feel some stuff is just too hard for them to ride and god forbid they actually have to get off there bike and walk a section

Here we built a wall on the lower trail to keep People from Cutting through to teh upper trail

Same area, view from the other direction:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
People Suck that is all ther eis too it . We are constantly trying to/Close Trail Braids .

one particular trail day , I closed a Trail braid with atree , right in front of these 3 guys , not 10 minutes later I see one of them Make a New cut through to get over to t hte other trail. I yell over at them "If your not going to help us , don't hinder us " , the other 2 followed him!

But we have had to start building Walls lining entire long sections of trail to stop the braiders who feel some stuff is just too hard for them to ride and god forbid they actually have to get off there bike and walk a section

Here we built a wall on the lower trail to keep People from Cutting through to teh upper trail

Same area, view from the other direction:
Wherever you live, the people there are clearly collectively retarded.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
it only takes 1 or 2 retards to F things ups , and with the amount of people that hit some of these trails. its amazing how fast things can spiral out of control
I hear you. I've been heavily involved in the trail work at the best local trail system, and we've had tons of issues with illegal ATV use. We've resorted to baracading the crap out of all trail enterences, and putting choke points at fraily regular intervals along the trails. We also make a point of leaving the fire roads open. There's no way we're going to keep them out entirely, so if we can keep them off the singletrack, that's great.

Luckily the mtbrs in the area don't seem to be inclined to build sh*tty go arounds to every little obstacle. It happens occasionally, and when it does, we make the go around go away.