Quantcast

If you had...

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
$2000 to build the most pimp 26" trials rig what would it be? just a hypothetical situation of course :brows:.

and a pic of my rig cuz everyone likes pics:

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Just be aware that a nice hub and cranks can eat into that total budget very quickly.

My trials bikes all have King heavy-duty rear hubs, and I also have one True Precision Stealth hub as well. I also run Middleburns which are not cheap.

Going all-out on brakes can be costly as well.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
I wonder how some i9's laced up to trials rims would be /drool

Just be aware that a nice hub and cranks can eat into that total budget very quickly.

My trials bikes all have King heavy-duty rear hubs, and I also have one True Precision Stealth hub as well. I also run Middleburns which are not cheap.

Going all-out on brakes can be costly as well.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I wonder how some i9's laced up to trials rims would be /drool
I haven't heard of anyone jumping onto the I9 hubs yet for trials. Their engagement is certainly nice, but the main issue with folks choosing a hub for trials tends to be its ability to withstand immense torque.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I've been out of trials for a 3 years now. What brand brakes would be 'the' choice for a pimped out rig?
Hope's trials-oriented discs are liked by a lot of people, too. They are rebranded sometimes as well.

BB7s are liked due to their simplicity as well as the lockup vs. modulation that you can get with them. I have one bike set up with a BB7 front and HS-33 rear.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I'm glad to see that the good'ole HS-33's are still alive and kicking. Those are my fave.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Echo has an HS-33 type rim brake out now, too. It's more expensive, and it comes in pretty colors like all of their items. The levers can also be used with HS-33s.