Quantcast

If you have rollers I need your help!

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I am making a pair but I can't figure out the spacing, so if someone could measure the spacing from
the center to center on the back 2 and the back center to the front center that would be sweet!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I have kreitler dyno mytes(2.25" drums)- rear center to center is 11"(28cm).

The front is adjustable since wheelbases vary. My front drum is about an inch in front of the hub. I don't think that you want to set the front wheel directly on top of the drum.

From Heidi's post:

Q: Are the rollers setup the same as traditional rollers (i.e. just a bit longer than the bicycle wheel base so the front wheel rides just aft of the front roller centerline)

A: Yes, though testing we have found that setting the front wheel axle about a centimeter behind the front roller axle works the best.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
splat said:
dam straight why not!

what are you going to use for a belt ?

Can't wait to see the pics :thumb:
Here's a thought. If you can't get a belt on, use some 24T chain rings and ring spacers and bolt them directly to the side of the drum. Then you can use a bike chain. You can put an idler pulley on the frame to take up the slack. It'll be a bit noisier, but you should have everything needed on hand...
This way, you can change the ring T count for resistence...lowest being 22T, 28T on the large side... You can also mix/match to custom the resistence...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Wumpus said:
I have kreitler dyno mytes(2.25" drums)- rear center to center is 11"(28cm).

The front is adjustable since wheelbases vary. My front drum is about an inch in front of the hub. I don't think that you want to set the front wheel directly on top of the drum.

From Heidi's post:
Does the slight offset help w/ stability? I've got mine set axle over axle. It's a bit twitchy until I get above 20mph...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Pau11y said:
Does the slight offset help w/ stability? I've got mine set axle over axle. It's a bit twitchy until I get above 20mph...
I think it does. I don't have a speedo. I can ride pretty slow w/o any problems(32x23 @ 75-80rpm -- just a guess on rpm).

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Pau11y said:
Here's a thought. If you can't get a belt on, use some 24T chain rings and ring spacers and bolt them directly to the side of the drum. resistence...
the cylinders I got have 111T gears on one side so I am going to try and find one that will fit