Quantcast

If you have trouble breaking small parts...

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Hit me up to make you a stronger small part. This started from me making a billet cromoly der hanger for my friend, and i see other people that need stuff like this. Let me know if anyone is interested in having small stuff made, no frames or swingarms though. Materials are limited to steel and stainless steel, because the aluminum small parts usually break. If you ride DH, you don't have much of a use for aluminum anyways. :D I can make most anything that someone needs, so again, hit me up in this thread, or by email. four27_cobra@yahoo.com

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Being a shop mechanic, i am well aware of that. However, many bikes, like ironhorse Yakuza frames, use a horrible design for a der. hanger that has no strength to it at all, and certainly not as much as the swingarm can tolerate. I know not all der. hangers are like that, but some are and i can probably make a replacement for them. Steel makes a better fuse material than aluminum anyways, being that it can be bent many times before its strength is compromised, unlike aluminum.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Grizzle said:
lol, maybe we should just stop riding on trails with big rocks too?
my home DH course is nothing but big rocks, i still have mine

but then again i ride a bullit and it doesnt have one!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Specialized derailleur hangers suck. They bend under shifting loads all the time. You should make stronger ones.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
If you could post a picture of a specialized der. hanger, i could tell you if i could make one or not. And as for the rotors, sorry but i don not have access to CNC equipment to do a rotor on.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
if you stamp a rotor, you will get slight warping due to the weight of the press probably, and a non uniform contact patch by the cutter head. A better bet for cutting rotors would be either a lazer cutter or a waterjet cutter.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
ahhhh.....this brings back memories of talking about the bizarre notion of a "R.S.S.D.H.".....I vaguely remember talking to weagle at sunday river about my cooky idea of making after market stainless hangers after i got caught up in the timing wire and ripped my deraileur/hanger clean off....oddly enough the imperial came with a trick RSSDH and, out of all of the bikes i've ever owned, it's been the only one that never gave me a hard time with derailleurs....funny how that works

guiness bitches!

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
what about those rear mech guard things that you get on the spesh demos? im sure you could sell them like hot cakes if you could make them?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
captainpolution said:
my home DH course is nothing but big rocks, i still have mine

but then again i ride a bullit and it doesnt have one!
yea.. kinda the same here, have loads of other riders who have ripped their RDs right off and to later just bend their hangers back instead of replacing them. BTW, has anyone bent a bullit hanger? and what would you do with it? sorry if its off topic.