Quantcast

IF you know these jumps and ride here...

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Contact me. PM me if you are a member. If you are a lurker just spend the minute to join RideMonkey then PM me. We are at risk of losing this place if we don't get organized. If you don't ride here but know those that do get ahold of me. If you don't know the place but are looking at the post anyway do me a favor and bump it to the top...I want to make good things happen. I don't lurk here @ RM much- but am motivated to keep these jumps in action...help a brother out.

Attachments

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Who's "we?" Who needs to get organized?

Let's just say a developer wants to develop that land and bikers want to preserve it, what incentives and benefits can the developer derive from its preservation? Do you guys propose any financial compensation? Is it private land or public? Give us some info. I work in land development on both public and private sectors and I run into these kind of stuff all the time. We have people and bands of organized citizens telling developers/cities, etc -don't do this and let's preserve that without just economic compensation. If that jump spot is on private land and the developer is following all state and local regulations as well as all neccesary federal and environmental permits (if any), there's nothing anyone can do to stop it getting approved by the local jurisdiction.

Ooops, don't mind me. I'm just bored at work and good luck to you guys.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Orvan,
There are good things on "our" side. The area has three seperate owners. Two are private, and one is public. There are no "no tresspassing signs. There is no established property lines. the area borders acreek that overflows during heavy rains. With the heavy rain this past winter nearly everything was under water.

The "we" is those that use/frequent the area. The "organized" is having a system of communication to keep the area clean, remove trash, educate others about specific guidelines, establish the number of users, and maintain the area, and reduce impact on both the environment and daily lives of those that live in a mobile home park across the creek.

The area is not scheduled for development as it is a flood plain and has the challenge of multiple property owners. The City is aware of the area and currently plans no action. It has existed for 10 years. One of the private owners is the Mobile Home Park. They are mostly retired people and need a quorum (of HOA memebers,) an easment (they'll need to have a company establish the property lines,) and then pay to come in with a dozer should they feel strong enough to remove them. The third owner I know nothing about.

My goal is to find the users of the area, band togethor- maintain the area, limit, and overcome issues the Mobile Home Park has, and be ready to go to the city and lobby to build a legal dj park in a viable public location should it come to that. In a similar situation in another state a group of us were able to lobby to get access to land, get dirt trucked in, and have a dozer move dirt to desired piles.

There are a significant number of people that ride there. I just never took the time to get there contact information. The posts are to stir the pot looking for those riders.

Thank you for the comments.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
you would think it would be common knowledge and courtesy to keep excessive noise down, and keep the area clean. one spot i go to all the time now i find my self picking something up that others left behind. tread lightly folks.. bump..