Quantcast

If you missed George's crash

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
OGRipper said:
Anyone else see the cycling news article on his bike, saying he was riding a bontrager fork from their commuter line? :eek:

Well, he did crash earlier in the race before the one in the video. They are speculating that crash probably did the damage.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Holy crap that road looks like sh!t. The drit roads I was riding on looks a million times better! I also wasn't going 30mph! I wonder if companies will now make Roubaix-specific hardware for racers...beefier steerers, 4x wheels...?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Pau11y said:
Holy crap that road looks like sh!t. The drit roads I was riding on looks a million times better! I also wasn't going 30mph! I wonder if companies will now make Roubaix-specific hardware for racers...beefier steerers, 4x wheels...?
That race has been going on for AGES. Technology has come and gone and changed have been made. Cannondale actually had a little suspension to their bikes one year I remember. Maybe they still do, I didn't see any tech talk this year.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I think this is one arean where the Moots Psyclo would have shined large. I have buddies riding that frame as a roadie, w/ the tiny shock locked out most of the time tho. Now, just gotz ta work on the forks a bit more...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Pau11y said:
I should point out of the 250km these guys are riding, about 30km is cobblestones.

For these dudes, a 2 inch longer wheelbase, 32 spoked wheels, and some foam underneath the handlebar tape is a Roubaix bike.

Now imagine this race when it is raining/snowing...