Quantcast

If you want to freeride...

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
I know of a place in laurel where I ususally ride my dirtbike that would also be a great place to do a little freeridin'. There are some jumps that would be great for tow-in's...yeah big jumps, dirtbike jumps actually. And there is an extensive amount of short, but very steep downhills that can be ridden. Like I said, people mostly dirtbike out here, but there is atleast 200-275 acres of land.. and huge, huge, mounds of earth that would be a blast to ride. Last time I was there there was a big...well, huge wooden kicker with a steep transition on the other side of an adjacent hill (the jump is at the bottom of a hill, but a tow-in would be best) . I also know of a couple places on the property that have 15-20 foot drops to natural transitions. Like mentioned, there are so many steep hills that can be utilized for transitions aswell. If anyone wants information let me know and maybe I can take you out there.

ntron350

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
murland
there were slalom races and freeride contests there in '99 and '00. alot of the hittin' stuff has been filled. there was one trannie that was at least 50' tall that was across the street from the hospital that you could drop and land 10' - 15' down the tranny. some fantanstic shots were taken there back in those days. good times for sure.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'm more interested in the idea of a place to ride a dirt bike in laurel? is this public land? makes me want to get on a dirt bike again.

ntron350

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
murland
i have seen guys get tickets back there. they have cops on dirt bikes, or at least used to, hence there arent so many people riding the pits anymore. they would also ticket the cars of people parked by the pits in order to deter them from hanging out there.

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
I have been riding there for three years, I haven't got a ticket yet..but I certainly do know of people who get ticketed. You have to know where to park. I know how to get my truck back there, and like I mentioned, the land goes back pretty far so I don't see any complications with the police once you get back there. Also, like ntron mentioned, not too many people go out there any more so I doubt there are cops out there on dirt bikes on a regular basis...infact I have never seen anything like that. I still think the place would be great for a little freeriding, there are dozens of places where some pretty cool stuff can be set up.