Quantcast

If you were going to go to a WC questions

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I would love to go to a WC to spectate, maybe ride before or after and travel a little in the area . So my questions are in 2011 which one would you go to for spectating and travel? Would it be worth it to bring a bike to ride the surrounding area or would that just be a major pain in the ass? I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this, depends on work, but would just like to get some ideas.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I would love to go to a WC to spectate, maybe ride before or after and travel a little in the area . So my questions are in 2011 which one would you go to for spectating and travel? Would it be worth it to bring a bike to ride the surrounding area or would that just be a major pain in the ass? I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this, depends on work, but would just like to get some ideas.
Depends how long you are willing to stay. The main problem with this years WCs is they don't have the 2 best options for spectating and riding - Schladming and Maribor. I was as a spectator in 09 in Schlad and it was amazing.

Though if you want to spectate and ride the best option would be Champery. It's connected to the biggest bike area in Europe, the track is rad and it's the World championships. We are considering going there either at Worlds time or at Mountain Style time. It would be easy to do this in Champery so do it if you can.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
Hit up the North American stops fly Jet Blue to NY or Burlington,Vt round trip for $450-$550 hit up MSA then Windham and there are also many great bike parks and trails to be had out there. It's a 6-7hr drive from Burlington to MSA with Bromont or Kingdom trails on the way depending on which way you choose to go to get to MSA. Anyways that's my 2 cents. Couple of friends and I hit up Worlds last year and had a blast out there in Vermont. Feel free to stop by the shop or give me a holla and go for a ride I was thinking about maybe hitting MSA up again this summer. Hope your still enjoying the 40.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Champery or Fort William would be my first choices, but I'm open to anything. Thanks for the info so far. Anyone recommend airlines for getting to either of those places from the states with a bike?

And the 40 has been great Jumping Jesus, you riding on Thanksgiving day?