Quantcast

IH Sunday DW Link Drawing/Diagram

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Heyo, Im looking to get some fresh DW Links machined up, anybody got a drawing or diagram with all the measurements needed?

Thanks!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Heyo, Im looking to get some fresh DW Links machined up, anybody got a drawing or diagram with all the measurements needed?

Thanks!
Check with the guys at Enduro before you go to the trouble. I gave them the solid models last year and they were working on making some RC4 compatible links.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
DW,

I'm looking at trying to get a new linkage setup going on my Sundays because one still has the old flat linkage plates. Where would be the best place to have these remade. I love this bike so much and want to keep riding it as long as the frames hold up.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
dw, just quickly, on the upper rocker plates on a sunday, what is the extra hole infront of the rear triangle bearing for? some sort of danger slack setting? or cable guide mounts?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
dw, just quickly, on the upper rocker plates on a sunday, what is the extra hole infront of the rear triangle bearing for? some sort of danger slack setting? or cable guide mounts?
pretty sure your referring to the ISCG tab that the factory decided to just 'mirror' for no good reason

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
pretty sure your referring to the ISCG tab that the factory decided to just 'mirror' for no good reason
Always wondered what that one was for myself, But I think Rich is talking about the 2 holes to the rear of the top rocket plates (one on each), slightly hidden by the rear triangle upper bearing seats but easily seen from behind.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
I was told 1-2 months ago BETD were looking into making Sunday DW link er links, a mate had sent one in to duplicate/make 'em fit the RC4. Might be worth ringing and asking the craic.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
I've never seen one fitted but according to my mate it's just the lower link that needs uber modded, Stoy one would probably do it he reckoned but Bos wouldn't sell him one separate.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I ran a little FEA on the links and adding the hole was a cheap way to remove a stress concentration. Adding strength by removing material, gotta love it.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
The hole on the opposite forging was to play with adding a bolt on cable guide, but I ended up coming up with a better cable routing solution later, and the forgings were already committed to for production.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
DW,

I'm looking at trying to get a new linkage setup going on my Sundays because one still has the old flat linkage plates. Where would be the best place to have these remade. I love this bike so much and want to keep riding it as long as the frames hold up.
I would say to check with Enduro on that, I believe that they have the files to make this happen.

Dave

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ran a little FEA on the links and adding the hole was a cheap way to remove a stress concentration. Adding strength by removing material, gotta love it.
Dave watch out when you say stuff like that around here, that's crazy backwards logic to armchair engineers and their heads might explode!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Interesting....Are there enough armchair engineers, machinists, welders, and wannabe industry insiders in this forum to recreate a Sunday. Like a "privateer" Sunday? I mean KHS is already ripping it off, Giant has for years. What's to stop some forum geeks to getting together and taking a stab at it? Or at least an e-stab at it! :clue: :thumb:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
ahhh, so this is the secret behind nicolais' hole fetish. more gussets + more holes = awesome strength^2

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
The problem is not so much getting the mechanics or skemactics of the linkage pieces, as DW has already given them to Enduro. The problem is getting enough people to inquire within Enduro and provide the interest for them to actually proceed with the steps to the finished product. I put an email into Chris and asked what the pricing would be. I'd suggest you guys do the same as well.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Guys, This is what I got back. Guess we just have to wait and see.

"Hi, Alan:

Interesting timing.... I was just following up on this a few days ago. Last June, DW referred me to a machinist after my usual go-to guys seemed unsure about doing the job. I'd had drawings and 3D renderings for quite a while and was trying to shop them around and getting nowhere. When I sent the drawings to the guy Dave recommended (back in June) he seemed anxious to provide a quote and then I never heard back. I forwarded all the drawings back to the guy a couple of days ago and I'm waiting to see what happens. What we are specifically working on is an RC4 compatible DW-Link assembly. I am going to keep on this until I get a quote or a reason for not giving us a quote and I'll let you know what happens. Depending on the upfront costs we may take preorders with 50% down or something.

Best regards,

Chris"

CBJ - Some of us have more than one Sunday so it IS infact worth it.

Last edited: