Quantcast

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
SHUT IT! Know your place, woman!
You can't even fake it over the internet chump.

God is punishing Texas.....

sh*t...i hope this wasn't my fault. :biggrin:

be safe Toninator!!! and make sure you get your camera out. :clue:

we're expecting tropical storm weather here. still waiting for the bike club to decide if they are gonna cancel the first race of the season...it was gonna be my first race experience...i was gonna take pics and bring my son to the family race day tomorrow. instead i guess i'll be putting in some more hours of work seein i'll be stuck inside. good thing 7-Eleven sells beer and wine.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
just got back into the Zombie Defense Command Center from prestorm recon.
ZOMBIE DEFENSE DEFCON 5 ******ALL POPTART SUPPLISE DEPLETED THE END IS NEAR BITCHES*****

So I road pretty close to down town. A lot more activity than Rita but most businesses are either closed or about to close. Lots of gas stations out but my corner one isn’t but I don’t plan on using my full tank anytime soon.
On my trip I have to pass through a pretty expensive neighborhood and witnessed funny rich white people moment #2. In a 4 block quad I saw no less than 5 couples with clipboard and pencil in hand making checklists of stuff in other peoples yards. I can only assume that if they find something strange in the living room after the winds die down, they’ll know who to return the stuff too. Rich white people are so considerate.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
honestly? from what I'm seeing on CNN and the Weather Channel it looks pretty f'in scary. I'm glad I don't have vacation property on Galveston.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galveston_Hurricane_of_1900

Kinda eerie. Windspeeds might not be on par, but the storm surge is estimated to be 5-10 feet higher than the 1900 storm.

Edit: Compare this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1900_Galveston_hurricane_track.png

with this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ike_2008_track.png
havent watched the news i a while but it's not going to be a big storm wind wise but it's a HUGE storm in volume. it was taking up 40% of the Gulf of Mexico just a little while ago.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I’m surprised that Galveston hasn’t been washed away. This morning it was awesome but it never seemed to get worse although the storm is about to hit shore we’ll see how they fair. Still have electricity but I’ve had several power spikes. I’ve unplugged my atari 2600 and plasma tv and I’m having to watch… A TUBE TV THE END IS NEAR BITCHES…
Hopefully I wont lose power for too long.
The bourbon is good. Hope to get a nap in and awake up JIT for it to get really bad here.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
For all you bitches that think I'm some pussy and won't go near it, I had Astros tickets last night. While all the beach pansies were rolling north, I was going southeast to watch the Stros bitch slap the Pirates.

I was surprised by the number of businesses closed in Houston and by the fact that there were still 10,000 people at the game. It only took an extra 20 minutes to get home and I honestly would have colored us f*#ked when we were driving down yesterday.

I was planning to bust some Ike and Tina jokes, but haven't had time to post. Good thing Jeremy covered me.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Man, that is too bad on houston and galveston. Not a fan of either, but it sucks to see anyone have to go through that.

Everyone in austin was freaking out and buying cases of bottled water - man, if only there was an eaiser way, like if that water could just be pumped into your house for weeks prior to the event....

We'll get a half inch if we get anything.

Time to go contribute to the red cross again.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
the winds and rain have picked up substantially in the last hour...here in Wylie. oddly when you look outside it looks like a cold dreary day in new england...but you go outside and it's rather warm and humid...hence the tropical storm. but weird nontheless. yesterday i received a recorded emergency phone call from the "county" telling me to prepare with provisions and expect power outages and possible tornados. i've had 3 people call the house today in concern...oddly enough not the ex or my parents. :think:

great day to drink, clean, drink, work...

hope you're safe Toninator!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

The white dot in the center of the eye(lower right) was a freighter(Antalina) that lost power trying to sail south before Ike hit. They were rescued safely after Ike passed,

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
They will mostly weeks without power. We had a house on the Bolivar Peninsula, which actually got more damage than Galveston.

When you click on the picture, the faint red circle in the upper left is where our house USED to be...

Link to other RM forum post.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Text from Toni 513 pm mountain on the 13th.

Im alive. Have not had power since 3 am, but at least its not 100 out. Got some good photos.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Thanks squeak, just got power back. The temps have been mild so it hasnt been that bad. Filled my truck with gas thursday and havent been in it since. thousands of DA's driving around just looking wasting their gas. It wont be so bad now that a few stations have power to the fuel can be pumped but the lines are still hours long.
Had a critical moment when i realized i was low on alcohol but fortunately the liquer store was open so a crisis was averted.
pretty tired been biking 5ish hours aday just as something to do. I'll try to post up a few pic's later.