Quantcast

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
still putting the photo's together but i have a couple.
before and after a local intersection (water not totally gone)

swimming pool of my apt

backside of my apt

my truck was parked under the red circle. you can just make out my truck in the background of the second photo to the right of the far right swing leg and to the left of the tree under the angle arm of the awning.

Last edited:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i''m really having a hard time posting the full sized pic but

It’s really difficult to get the scope of the volume of water here but try to imagine a bayou (creek) about 15’ across over on the left and side of the screen where that row of trees are (maybe now 500' across.) All of the rest of the screen should be a playground with a volleyball court and swings etc. The water is probably 15’ over the banks.

this is on the bridge that goes over baffalo bayou between allan parkway and memorial drive.(didnt compress well)

Last edited:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

FORT MORGAN, Ala. — When the waves from Hurricane Ike receded, they left behind a mystery _ a ragged shipwreck that archeologists say could be a two-masted Civil War schooner that ran aground in 1862 or another ship from some 70 years later. The wreck, about six miles from Fort Morgan, had already been partially uncovered when Hurricane Camille cleared away sand in 1969.

Researchers at the time identified it as the Monticello, a battleship that partially burned when it crashed trying to get past the U.S. Navy and into Mobile Bay during the Civil War.

After examining photos of the wreck post-Ike, Museum of Mobile marine archaeologist Shea McLean agreed it is likely the Monticello, which ran aground in 1862 after sailing from Havana, according to Navy records.

"Based on what we know of ships lost in that area and what I've seen, the Monticello is by far the most likely candidate," McLean said. "You can never be 100 percent certain unless you find the bell with 'Monticello' on it, but this definitely fits."

Other clues indicate it could be an early 20th century schooner that ran aground on the Alabama coast in 1933.

The wrecked ship is 136.9 feet long and 25 feet wide, according to Mike Bailey, site curator at Fort Morgan, who examined it this week. The Monticello was listed in shipping records as 136 feet long, McLean told the Press-Register of Mobile.

But Bailey said a 2000 report by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers determined the remains were the schooner Rachel, built at Moss Point, Miss., in 1919 and wrecked near Fort Morgan in 1933.

He said the wreckage appears to have components, such as steel cables, that would point to the Rachel rather than an 1860s schooner.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
sweet bump! I'll try to find the pics dont know what happened to them. I was lucky with only 5ish days without power. I know people close that were without power for more that 3 weeks+.
One of the very worst things is no traffice lights. think about it. every, every traffic like you get to is out. some people just plowed through them like they were there, lots of accidents.