Quantcast

***Il Saturday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Civility on the monkey? Yawn. I managed to get 4 trail rides in this week from Tuesday to Friday for a total of 47 miles, 8 miles on the giggle pig today took me an 1:45... much tired but a rain filled weekend guarantees rest.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This way too early GMT shit needs to stop. I haven't even been home yet. Why ? Because Rockshox. :rant::banghead:

Suspension maintenance sucks or damps depending how you look at it.

Fuck, now I have to go home, try to get some sleep knowing that the 10-12 hours spent repeatedly tearing down a Pike and reassembling it were all in vain. Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This way too early GMT shit needs to stop. I haven't even been home yet. Why ? Because Rockshox. :rant::banghead:

Suspension maintenance sucks or damps depending how you look at it.

Fuck, now I have to go home, try to get some sleep knowing that the 10-12 hours spent repeatedly tearing down a Pike and reassembling it were all in vain. Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
What's the problem with the tear down or reverse rebuild?

Rain forecast later so probably going to get out early.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
legs are le tired from riding in the hills....on my yay back to the hills to pick up 8yo and his cousin from camp.

tomorrow is wife’s bday...guess i should do something about that

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was going to complain about my butt and stomach that feels like its filled with concrete, but I can't.

Buddies Pivot was stolen off his truck on the way to the trails this morning. BALLS.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hi Shane

I'm up a bit late by my standards, exporting a video of @SkaredShtles crashing.
It's that front tire. It was trying to kill me. Pretty much all day.

tearing down a Pike and reassembling it were all in vain. Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Could I interest you in the Gospel of Coil, brother? :D

Roma!

Damn..... You crazy after a week in the country. :panic:.
When my wife and I spent the summer in Europe, we *started* in Rome. Fuck that place is manic...

Helping the wife saddle up the horse.
Please tell me that this is a euphemism for something dirty. Please?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Buddies Pivot was stolen off his truck on the way to the trails this morning. BALLS.
How the fuck does that happen?! Shitty.

I can report that my fathers day night was a tremendous success. Rode a new trail I'd been hearing about for a year now. Steep rock faces down a pine forest. So good. Then lots of beer, wine, shed, and food. Even got a short ride in this morning (on account of more shed than beer, I was less hungover than usual)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How the fuck does that happen?! Shitty.
It's the usual thing; he stepped into a local coffee shop near his house for a moment, turned around and it was gone. Some drunk nearby saw it and pointed up the road, he said a crackhead nabbed it.

We are getting a patio beer to calm buddies nerves down and then going back out hunting. Hopefully the douchebag left it on a porch.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At Urban Steam presently watching World Cup. The coffee here... goddam. Such good coffee
Agreed, still one of my favorite places in town.

That said, the locals are stepping up thier game. Inertia Coffee off of 8th Street is my go to for beans these days, even though it's all the way across town, and Java Punk by the Switchbacks/skysox stadium also has coffee on par with Urban Steam, and a breakfast nearly as good. Plus, I can walk to it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What's the problem with the tear down or reverse rebuild?
Late winter/early spring I did a basic service including bleeding the damper. Worked great until just recently. Kept having to run lower and lower air pressure to get the right amount of sag. So I figured it was because I didn't rebuild the Charger damper. Did that and all adjustments seemed to work better than before, but still the same air issue. Took it back off the bike for a second time and rebuilt the air side. Still can only run about 10-15 psi. Smacked a curb with it and heard "spisssss". Blew the dust seal off and up the stanchion, spewing fluid everywhere. Pulled the fork off for a third time, reset the seals and went home.

Stopped at an auto parts store on the way to work and got some valve cores. Hopefully this thing holds air. At the very least I want it to be "ridable" I can put up with poor performance until I can afford a new fork, but I can't handle being bike-less.