Quantcast

***Il Tuesderp GMT***

Because I tolerate the fact that my wife is interested in such things, despite my decade long abanodonment of that perspective of the world.

Inspite of my apostacy, cant really get around the fact that there is some pretty impressive stuff there. The Pieta is an amazing sculpture, the Sistine Chapel would be pretty impressive if it wasn't for the goddamned crowds.

My favorite part though, was in the Sistine Chapel, teh guard, using a PA, to tell the crowds

Silencio!!!! Repectfull Silence!!!!!

Over and over again. I felt like it was a pretty good alegory on why the Catholic church fails to connect with the wider world on an everyday level.

Shit Tim, that really sucks. :thumbsdown:
Understood. Actually, I think it would be interesting to converse with Jorge Mario Bergoglio for an hour or ten...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Agreed. Apparently on Wednesdays there are regular audiences. Not sure how one gets on that list.
I hope you watched the Eurotrip movie carefully to understand the proper behavior in Vatican!

Dental exam = 4/10. Would take up meth if it meant never having to go back.

Dentist = 10/10. Probably in the top 10 most gorgeous women I’ve ever laid eyes on.
Does she look like she had some beauty jobs done? If so, congrats, you have just become a donor for the next one!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Afternoon!

Oh my goodness....the heat is unreal here in NC today....it's what I expect in late July/August, but mid-June, and we're already at 97 degrees with 53% humidity - so it feels like 105 freedoms....I ain't sayin' it's hot, but I just overheard two hobbits and some weirdo having a fight about a shiny ring outside my door...

Y'all be cool, I'll check you later - assuming I haven't turned into an Orange Julius version of myself by 5...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My gal saw the ortho doc today. Prognosis is that surgery is up to her, not critical or mandatory. It’s broken in a couple of pieces actually, and the main bone has a rotational misalignment. Otherwise there is minimal displacement, and the doctor thinks it would most likely heal fine on it’s own, with low chance of perceived loss of range of motion / functionality. But getting surgery would very likely reduce recovery time by 2 to 4 weeks, and with her interviewing for new jobs that seems hyper critical to be "healed" and able to work moar faster.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My gal saw the ortho doc today. Prognosis is that surgery is up to her, not critical or mandatory. It’s broken in a couple of pieces actually, and the main bone has a rotational misalignment. Otherwise there is minimal displacement, and the doctor thinks it would most likely heal fine on it’s own, with low chance of perceived loss of range of motion / functionality. But getting surgery would very likely reduce recovery time by 2 to 4 weeks, and with her interviewing for new jobs that seems hyper critical to be "healed" and able to work moar faster.
Be a good boy and tell her not to worry and get the surgery. There will be moar jobs, she has only limited supply of arms.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I interviewed for a couple jobs in my cast & on crutches. pretty sure impacted my call backs. the one i finally landed called almost exactly on the day I told them I would be off crutches. pretty sure they waited until i was 100% able even though I would be sitting all day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And... in some unusually good news in today's world...

The Palisade Plunge has been approved by the BLM. Next step: construction! :monkeydance:
Palisade Rim is already a fun little ride, so I'm interested to see what big brother turns out like.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Came within inches of landing on a fox who was sitting square in the middle of this balls out fast trail. Little guy didn't even flinch, just sat there and kept licking its balls. That was fun.

Can see it sitting there, still licking away.

And ran into this... All thorns and prickly plants. That sucked.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Packing for a road trip with my five year old to sun valley Idaho for a celebration of life. Wish i could bring my bike and ride but five year old. Probably just gunna take her fishing, shes excited about catching a fish. Shes excited about las vegas kids stuff and pools on the return trip more though, Im excited to light off a bunch of fireworks in the desert the first night of camping in the middle of nowhere. Not that pumped on seeing my sister so sad. Also found out my dad has some cancer today, that sucks, but im sure he'll be fine.