Quantcast

i'll be in Nor Cal in a few days

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
and i am dying to ride Sandhills. can someone tell me where it is? what else should i look at riding? i've got my Imperial and plan on taking a day off from Texas4000 to ride. i'm in Mammoth Lakes today.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so San Fran is NorCal? does that mean i can say "hella...." and not get beat up? awesome! or should i say, hella gnar

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Sandhill is south of San Fran....

When I lived in SB people there would say SB isn't So Cal, it's southern central cal...and then they would tell me that (morgan hill) where I grew up wasn't Nor Cal it was northern central cal...well blah blah blah...technically (mileage wise) I think the middle of CA is just south of the monterey bay (Salinas-ish) so anything south of that is So Cal and north of that is Hell Gnar Cal fer sher brah! CA goes alot more north than SF but there ain't much goin' on 'cept back country weed farms and sasquatch hunts...

Chaz, Hella is "wicked sick"! (silly east coaster's ...never learn)

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
wicked pissah, you fool.

i don't say pissah because i'm not from bawston, but i catch myself saying wicked a lot. wicked's as stupid as hella though.
i was on the bus a couple days ago and there were these two white college psuedo gangsta wannabe kids taking about how hella phat their cell phones were. i wanted to :nuts: i did get a good laugh out of it though.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I hear out in Utah these days the kids are saying "pissed off" and it means cool I guess? I have heard "pissed" to be cool (in the UK) but not pissed off...

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
in british taking the piss means that you're just kidding. didn't know about pissed meaning cool though.
most modern slang is beyond my comprehension. it usually just makes things harder to understand and makes the speaker sound illiterate

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
South by only a few miles but it is east a ways also...it is only an hours drive max. from SF...where are you going farther north?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
kidwoo said:
You're just hella jealous.
I can't read that and not hear cartman saying it...remember that episode where cartman learned to say hella and that was all he could say...

HELLA WEAK!!!!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
our tour looks like this for the coming days:

Bodega Bay
Point Arena
Westport
Miranda
Eureka
Redwood NF

then into Oregon, Washington, BC....

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
the Inbred said:
our tour looks like this for the coming days:

Bodega Bay
Point Arena
Westport
Miranda
Eureka
Redwood NF

then into Oregon, Washington, BC....
damn! I'm jealous! My roadtrip, starting next friday, will cover as much mileage and the same basic geographic locations...only all in one day!

Well if you have an extra day sandhill is very close to you right now. Otherwise it looks like you will have plenty of rad places to hit on your trip! When will you be arriving in BC and do you plan to hit Whistler? A lot of other monkey's will be up there soon also...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well, we hit Vancouver on the 19th of July. take the 20th off, then head to Whistler. those 3 days are going ot be so ****ing awesome. what's even better is that the director of our ride knows that i prefer my Imperial to my road bike, and will let me take extra days off, since my truck is one of the support vehicles.

we're also taking a day off in Seattle.

by the way, Hwy 1 is so pretty. especially when the fog clears. but the winds are brutal.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
what the hell....where are all these hot Cali girls i hear so much about? are they all in SoCal or what?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Try heading down to Santa Barbara for a few days...make butterfly beach your first (and last) stop....Whats up?...What's up?...What's up?....hottie overload!!!!

other than that, SC has a few but you mostly see them down at the beach on hot days...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm now in Oregon. i hope for all others that SoCal has better scenery than what i saw in NorCal.

i've got high hopes for Seattle and Vancouver. and Whistler.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Leaving Whistler on the 21st, I saw more than a few of the Texas 4000 jersey bearing riders, were you perhaps one of them?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
the Inbred said:
perhaps...

Whistler was absolutely ****ing insane.
insane riding and insane ladies!

I was on hottie overload the whole time...whassup?...whassup?...whassup?...whassup?...whassup?...whassup?...