Quantcast

I'll be meeting you HERE

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
Ahahahaha!!! LOL! Now I just need to get Indieboy down there so I can school all the infidels at once!
you ain't schoolin no body trick :D

a former team mate of mine broke her collarbone in that race a few years ago. heard it's a killer race though. really wish i had that type of $$ to do that race.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by spincrazy
Don't really have the bike for it I don't think. My XC, XC bike would have to be revamped as I now commute on it. Are you planning on taking the Nicolai? If so, I'd ride the Titus I guess. I just don't see the need for suspension is all. I'd have to start training my ass off NOW. maybe.
Nah I was thinking I'd line up a hard tail.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
If you think you can do the 80-100 miles a day then you should go for it! Plenty of time to train between now and then!
I'll have to see how the training goes...it definately sounds interesting. If I don't die during the Shenandoah 100 I'll give it a shot! :) Oh and Squeak has to come so I'm not riding alone ;)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Now that looks like a winner! has anybody made any real plans yet?
get there a couple of days ealry like the 11th or 12th and leave 17th or 18th?

$547.40
3h 40mn travel

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator
Now that looks like a winner! has anybody made any real plans yet?
get there a couple of days ealry like the 11th or 12th and leave 17th or 18th?

$547.40
3h 40mn travel
I'm looking at leaving on Wednesday and then coming back the next Tuesday. What we need to do is contact the race promoter to get info on "hiring" someone with a truck down there to wait at the finish line for us and drive us back to our hotel. That way we don't have to wait all night. I've heard this is the best way to do it.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Shyrmp
I'll have to see how the training goes...it definately sounds interesting. If I don't die during the Shenandoah 100 I'll give it a shot! :) Oh and Squeak has to come so I'm not riding alone ;)
I didn't know you were doing the Shenendoah too!!!!!!!

:thumb:

Y'all will have to come down in the middle of the summer and we can do a course preview and die of heat stroke.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
I didn't know you were doing the Shenendoah too!!!!!!!

:thumb:

Y'all will have to come down in the middle of the summer and we can do a course preview and die of heat stroke.
I'm going to "try" the Shenandoah 100, if training for it and riding with the Rochester :monkey: 's doesn't kill me first. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Shyrmp
I'm going to "try" the Shenandoah 100, if training for it and riding with the Rochester :monkey: 's doesn't kill me first. :D
Sounds like there will be a good :monkey: turnout. :thumb:

Airborne

Chimp
Nov 21, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
wow, what a race. i have had the joy of riding RT 1 from Puntarenas to San Jose on a few occassions (Day 1), and DRIVING it was a scary experience. The road isnt too bad (where its not washed out), but you all might consider F/S bikes!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
So we'll be seeing you down there too eh? And the toninator?
Well, ye olde monkey that hast gone by ye name o' Rip will not be taking part in this ye olde race cause thee hast other plans for that tyme.:D

How's that for old? Seriously, the race sounds like a blast, but I have other commitments.