Quantcast

I'll be spending July 4th at N*.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Surprise, surprise. I was granted July 4th off, the wife has to work, so I'm taking my sorry a$$ to Northstar for a day of riding. Hopefully this will give me an idea of how I'll fare during the Thursday Night Series, which starts the 12th.

If you happen to be out there, and see a pink-jersey-wearing rider on a red/silver Banshee or silver-ish Fuel EX, stop me for a how-ya-been hello. Oh, and I'll do my best to have some pics or even video to share this time out......

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Got to ride up and see N* during one of our trips to Reno. Would love to ride there. Have fun and be safe.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Got to ride up and see N* during one of our trips to Reno. Would love to ride there. Have fun and be safe.
Let me know when. Would be great to ride with others.......

Gonna be there Sunday!
Sunday??? When are we going to get a ride in, my friend? Guess I'll have to win lottery and invite the whole RM gang and we can all take over N* for a private shred-fest....

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm there Sunday to Saturday. I'll be down in Reno visiting my folks on my biannual return to the shameful point of my inception. So I am going to ride every day. Gotta get my jollies in on the new TR450.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
I'm there Sunday to Saturday. I'll be down in Reno visiting my folks on my biannual return to the shameful point of my inception. So I am going to ride every day. Gotta get my jollies in on the new TR450.

Thursday the 12th is the opening of the Thursday Night Series, and I'll be there mid-late afternoon to hit the trails and get ready for the 6 p.m. start. Just a thought.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
And for my 1000th post, I'll just say........ I need to take remedial helmet cam recording training. Here I thought I was getting some decent video of my ride, and when I got home to download it, was told no recording existed. Dayam, I'm such a doofus with electronics. And I didn't bother with digi-pics, as I was having way too much fun to stop and take a Kodak moment shot. So I'll just say......

I rode up the main service road to mid-mountain, over to Tryumph, and continued up Big Trees to the top of the mountain (Mt. Pluto?). Well, for those in the know, I had to hike-a-bike up Big Trees, as it's more downhill oriented than uphill friendly. Started down Snake and wanted to hook over to Live Wire, however, I got into Flameout and had a blast. Tied into Woods, where I mis-judged a spot and hit a small moving tree, which sent me over my bars (no, really, the dang tree was just standing there, and jumped out and grabbed my bars, it did). Big deal, bit of a bruise on my thigh. Got into Deer Path, and back to the Main Village. By then, I noticed the crowds were really starting to form, so I called it a day. Oh, to have the video to back this story up.

To all those in RM-land, a very safe, sane, and happy 4th to you and yours......