JRB

to say, "this format sucks".

*Thanks for all you do, Ridemonkey.

J

JRB

Andy_B said:
Bla...

to much "white" space on top....

But you can leave if you if you get rid of the freggin pop-unders.
How about you pay up $20 and quit double posting. :thumb:

J

JRB

So do you not like it, Ridemonkey??? I noticed the thread that says Skookum likes it is closed. ;)

*I know we just don't want two threads, but there is no drama in just saying that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey man change is fine but this format is confusing.

What's the problem with the old format?

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
What's confusing about it?

Click the edit button on your post, and you'll see why there's a new format. ;)
He's confused because he is not smart. I refuse to delete anything. :nope:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
that's pretty neat. but it's still hard to differentiate text from ephemera.

:stupid:

Old format was easy to scan quickly and pick up someones post. Now it takes a little more focus to read an actual post instead of signatures etc. Makes things difficult seeing as though 80% of my RM time is performed while in meetings or while on the phone.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm going to have to agree..... I don't like the new format either. Its way easier to navigate when all of the personal information is on the side, and the actual posts are seperated from them vertically not horizontally.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Ridemonkey said:
Any logic behind that? You guys don't handle change well. :p
This change seems to make the forum arder to look at. the old style was more aesthetically pleasing. The text of each message appeared sequentially, without having to look at eveyone's stupid avatar & sig in between.
Pretty weak, IMHO.
In fact, if I had my druthers, there would be an option to pare everything down, so all you really saw were user names, and text of messages. No sigs, no avatars. Just as an optional way of viewing.

Please bring back the old style.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Mackie said:
This change seems to make the forum arder to look at. the old style was more aesthetically pleasing. The text of each message appeared sequentially, without having to look at eveyone's stupid avatar & sig in between.
Pretty weak, IMHO.
In fact, if I had my druthers, there would be an option to pare everything down, so all you really saw were user names, and text of messages. No sigs, no avatars. Just as an optional way of viewing.

Please bring back the old style.
Go to userCP and turn them off. I've had signatures turned off since I joined the :monkey: .

I wish somebody could come up with the code to keep the large pics from messing up all the posts on a page (like this page).

J

JRB

I am going to slopemonkey. He hasn't trashed that format up yet. I don't want to be a guinea pig, dammit. :mumble:

:D