Quantcast

***I'll monderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:mad:

Left the god-damned camera at last night's dinner joint. Hopefully still there when they reopen.
And of course they are closed today.

Just about died of heat stroke on Palatine Hill. Thunderstorms building. Tired of being hassled by all the god damned street hustlers. Our air B&B is one giant, breathing US fire code violation and the kitchen just flooded because the clothes washer wont drain. Everything smells like hot garbage. Fuck this place, fuck Rome. I am super not impressed right now. :mad:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear, @Pesqueeb. What is next on your schedule?

Had a productive weekend with some good rides even if I felt quite sick still. Another exhausting week at work ahead. A scorcher day today - we don't hit 90s in June often. I am le tired, can I have another 8 hours of sleep now? Is it Friday yet? :twitch:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning :monkeydance:'s

Saturday involved bike ride in the AM, brewery patio chilling in the PM. On Sunday we did a homemade shrimp boil for family at my house for Father's Day.

I am le tired.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Just about died of heat stroke on Palatine Hill. Thunderstorms building. Tired of being hassled by all the god damned street hustlers. Our air B&B is one giant, breathing US fire code violation and the kitchen just flooded because the clothes washer wont drain. Everything smells like hot garbage. Fuck this place, fuck Rome. I am super not impressed right now. :mad:
My wife and I were there after about 3 days. Rome is exhausting.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I was not impressed with Rome or Naples. Florence was awesome and I did like Milan

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good Morning!

Last week in the office after a 3 day weekend. I think its finally startling to settle in that our house is sold, I'm quitting my job, and we are hitting the road in 1.5 weeks with no final destination.

Thank you to @SkaredShtles and @Toshi for the awesome ride on Friday; it was great to see @Full Trucker too. And thank you to @Toshi, @6thElement (and wife), and @Nick for stopping by the house yesterday to say bye. It's been a real pleasure getting to know all of you. Thank you for the good times.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
More trail building this weekend:

35629271_1385788214854277_7750985616321413120_n.jpg
35546602_1385788408187591_7680299590024691712_n.jpg

Finally building trail to bypass a perpetual wet section. Ended up with a lot more rocks than expected and now we have an interesting trail instead of the old, flat muddy trail.

And then too much rum and not enough sleep.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I had been chasing this electrical issue with my car. Error code for low voltage on MAF circuit. Not getting 5v reference at the MAF plug. Been driving it with a check engine light for 2 weeks until I can pull the front wheel to access the PCM.

Long story, get the bitch up on stands, everything apart, start to pull the MAF harness to the passenger side and BAM!.
IMG_20180616_094350.jpg

The yellow wire is 5v. It was rubbing on the water pump pulley and eventually wore through the loom, the yellow wire, and the insulation on brown. I rerouted the loom higher. It was routed that way since I got it, so I assumed it was fine. Wrong. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oof. tired, still kinda crispy from being in the sun yesterday, but thankfully not burnt. another crummy week in the office, but at least the playhouse for the kids is largely done. few minor things left, then DONE. i think i will put a drinkin' chair by it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
but at least the playhouse for the kids is largely done. few minor things left, then DONE. i think i will put a drinkin' chair by it.
your kids will be driving before that thing is done.

Kid's first b-day party was a success. Glad it's over and the house is back to normal, though.

First bike ride of the year tonight. Humid and temps in the mid 90s....should be terrible.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
A little bummed I didn’t make it to @Adventurous shindig yesterday, I was in the ER with my gal... she had a bad bounce over a table top and wound up with a broken arm. So to e honest, I’m more bummed she broke her arm than I am that I missed the party... she’s in good spirits though, has to see an ortho this week. I’m hopeful it’s not surgical.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A little bummed I didn’t make it to @Adventurous shindig yesterday, I was in the ER with my gal... she had a bad bounce over a table top and wound up with a broken arm. So to e honest, I’m more bummed she broke her arm than I am that I missed the party... she’s in good spirits though, has to see an ortho this week. I’m hopeful it’s not surgical.
Dislike. What's broken?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ahh the joys of being management. Driver called in sick at 1am, no way to get a replacement that early in the morning. Picked up a vehicle at four am and did 3 dialysis pick ups and drop offs by 0530. The day should go downhill from here. Eff mondays

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dude.

Dirt jumps are dangerous.

Hope it's not surgical - take care of that gal... or the chihuahuas are sure to get you.

:D