Quantcast

Illustrator & apparel design help

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
so, this might not be the best place to find people who know a lot about Illustrator & apparel design (haha, go figure)...but i'm not a member of many other forums outside of mtb, so i thought i'd give this a shot.

Anyway, I'm finally working on getting my t-shirt, hats, & apparel line goin (as well as other things), but i've got a small problem. I'm not that familiar with Illustrator. so i need someone's help!

I've got some design ideas, but i'm also open to any ideas that you might have. So if you or anyone you know are proficient with illustrator (or are a designer), hit me up. We can discuss in more detail then

jdd@dylandeandesigns.com

Thanks!

Jeremiah Dean

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Hey Jer,

If you dont mind conversing over distance (to T.O. to be exact), I know your person. I'll get her to email you some portfolio stuff and I know she is proficient in illustrator, she also has her Bachelor of Design.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
while this has nothing to do with Illustrator, it has everything to do with apparel design.
I would highly recommend this book, it will help you to understand how to develop a line, pick the best pieces to sell, find a rep,get it into production and not make expensive mistakes.

The Entrepenuers' Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing by Kathleen Fasanella
http://www.designer-entrepreneurs.com/orders.htm

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
geargrrl said:
while this has nothing to do with Illustrator, it has everything to do with apparel design.
I would highly recommend this book, it will help you to understand how to develop a line, pick the best pieces to sell, find a rep,get it into production and not make expensive mistakes.

that is a fantastic suggestion! I have several friends who thought that if they just came up with a cool logo, and some cool designs, that they could print the stuff and it would sell itself! there is a lot more to it than that! good suggestion. it is a hard biz to break into!

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
atrokz said:
Hey Jer,

If you dont mind conversing over distance (to T.O. to be exact), I know your person. I'll get her to email you some portfolio stuff and I know she is proficient in illustrator, she also has her Bachelor of Design.
nah, i don't mind conversing over distance (where's T.O?....just curious). that's whats so good about phone & email these days...you can be in the same room or around the world & it's practically the same (within some reason). As long as they're easy to work with & I get what I want, i'm totally down. Thanks!

geargrrl said:

Killer. i'll definately have to check it out. This is my first real attempt at this, so it'd be good to know what the hell i was doin! haha

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
T.O. is Toronto Canada, but with the e-net I'm sure it won’t make a difference. I forwarded your info to her so hopefully she sends some stuff to you this week to start a correspondence.

Cheers,
a

DylanDeanDesign said:
so, this might not be the best place to find people who know a lot about Illustrator & apparel design (haha, go figure)...but i'm not a member of many other forums outside of mtb, so i thought i'd give this a shot.

Anyway, I'm finally working on getting my t-shirt, hats, & apparel line goin (as well as other things), but i've got a small problem. I'm not that familiar with Illustrator. so i need someone's help!

I've got some design ideas, but i'm also open to any ideas that you might have. So if you or anyone you know are proficient with illustrator (or are a designer), hit me up. We can discuss in more detail then

jdd@dylandeandesigns.com

Thanks!

Jeremiah Dean
Sounds like a thing that I will be able to help you with. My recent job was designing ideas to apparel and other related things. Pretty fun and really easy. I should be able to hook you up with what your going for and giving you a general idea in cost. Now, I'm a graphic designer for a University and doing a huge variety of things. All the way to magazines, posters, ads, brochures, letterheads, billboards, stickers, business cards, and so on. I've got 3 plus years in using Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Quark, Freehand, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Corel. So, if you's like to see some of my stuff here is my website. I haven't updated in like 6 or 7 months so there isn't none of my newer designs on there and awards I've won here recent as well. So, if you'd want me to post some - hollar at me. www.jamesmabery.com Check it out.