Quantcast

I'm 6'1" & 300 lb's 24". Need crusier suggestions

creapstar

Chimp
Feb 17, 2011
CA
Havent ridden in about 15 years and havent kept up bikes much, Want to hit some trails with my kid..Looking for a 24" cruiser that can hold up..Not looking to jump or anything just want to ride some trails and have the bike stay together..I was looking at the free agent devil 24, since it has a chromoly frame and forks Im thinking it might be better than a aluminum frame bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !:thumb:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Seems a bit vague what you want or need. When you say "trails" you really mean bicycle trails, right, paved or dirt? If you are sticking to paved bike trails like along side a river than you don't need much. I mention that because we have a bike trail like that in my town. I go with my girls during the summer and just bring my beater commuter bike.

For riding dirt bicycle trails I have a basic, cheap 26" cross country mtn bike. When I ride dirt jumps "trails" I have my 24" steel cruiser and for street/park I ride my 20" bmx bike.

Prolly way long of a post but I'm bored at work. You don't need much if you don't plan on jumping or doing any level of freestyle. Any sized wheel bike, 24 or 26 that fits you well and your budget should be fine.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
yeah, what ServeEm said. i would also ask whether you want to stand up all the time when riding (if you're an ex-BMX'er??) versus wanting to sit and cruze.

i'm thinking you might dig a Volume Sledgehammer 26" BMX. Texas Fireman's Cruzers are similar (but very expensive). SE also makes a 26" BMX complete.

martin

Chimp
Mar 22, 2010
southern cali
I agree with the above posts also.

I would say get a 26" for sure with a decent (plush) seat.

I have couple buddies around your size and first thing they dislike about my bikes is the slammed, hard seat. Plush seats look kind of wack, but at your size anyone with a brain would understand. I have one that I switch out when I know I'm doing a lot of sit-down riding (who wants a chode-buster when riding rocky fire roads/trails).

And as far as 26 inch wheels, they are very accommodating/forgiving compared to the 24s, especially since it looks like your going with rigid forks.

Last edited: