Quantcast

I'm a Dirty Boy!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
McGRP01 said:
Rommel (aka The Dessert Fox) an interesting read?
It is a pretty good read. It's written by Wolf Heckmann and was originally published in German with a foreword by General Sir John Hackett.

Heckmann does not hold Rommel in some mythical light and carefully (and factually) examines the great general's genius, as well as his 'god like vanity' and his grave miscalculations.

It gives a lot of details and first person acounts from both the German and British points of view of the North Arfican Campaign.

It is a very well written and informative book.

I picked it up in the bargin bin at Barns & Nobles for $1.00 a while back. It was highly undervalued and is a welcome addition to my libary.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
N8 said:
It is a pretty good read. It's written by Wolf Heckmann and was originally published in German with a foreword by General Sir John Hackett.

Heckmann does not hold Rommel in some mythical light and carefully (and factually) examines the great general's genius, as well as his 'god like vanity' and his grave miscalculations.

It gives a lot of details and first person acounts from both the German and British points of view of the North Arfican Campaign.

It is a very well written and informative book.

I picked it up in the bargin bin at Barns & Nobles for $1.00 a while back. It was highly undervalued and is a welcome addition to my libary.
Cool, I might have to check it out. My dad is a WWII history buff and I enjoy it to some extent as well. The cat & mouse games that Rommel and Patton played across the N. African desert are fascinating. Thanks!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
McGRP01 said:
Cool, I might have to check it out. My dad is a WWII history buff and I enjoy it to some extent as well. The cat & mouse games that Rommel and Patton played across the N. African desert are fascinating. Thanks!
Well, this book deals with Rommel vs the Brits who basically retreated their way to victory.