Quantcast

Im a little outraged. a little confused. and I want your opinion!

Aug 14, 2005
Green Bay
My dad shot down the idea of a 1300 dollar hardtail. So I'm going to have to go with the P2, which I can get for 850 to 900.

Hopefully the only thing that will really make me regret not being able to get the P3 is having to true up the SingleTrack wheels on the P2.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That shop is in Wisconsin, right? That means it's stuck in at least an 8-year time warp. In a few years, they'll have hydro brakes and air forks that don't suck. In the meantime, order your **** over the internet and install it yourself.

I've found few bike mechanics who know as much as I do, which is scary, considering how little I know.

MD

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
This guy was about 38. Said he has had about 150 bikes in his life. With nearly 20 sets of wheels on each. He apparently was a bike demo tester and reporter etc etc etc.
...sounds like arbitrary numbers he retrieved from his rectum.

But like Sanjuro so succinctly put: It's pretty lame to only be aware or care what is outside your own doorstep. To not educate oneself about the other riding styles, disciplines, and technology that goes along with it is just being lazy.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
The P2 is a better looking bike anyway. Style is all that really matters anyway. Although, the hayes Sole is one hydro I would prefer an Avid mech to. I think you'll be happy with the the P2, both are great bikes.

The was an old guy on here a few years ago who tried to assert that downhill was a form of motorcycling. I forget his name, some old mountain bike legend. Just because you're old, doesnt make you right. This guys opinions about air forks and hydros were pretty common circa 1998 when discs were a downhill only comodity most people knew little about. Some people just cant keep up.

Aug 14, 2005
Green Bay
TheInedibleHulk said:
Just because you're old, doesnt make you right.
Exactly. If you think you have more knowledge just because you have more experience in the past doesnt make your assumptions towords today's technology correct.

The shop I'll be ordering my P2 from is very good. Small shop but extremely knowledgable. Probably because they didnt spend much time in Wisconsin. haha. I wouldn't even consider myself a local because I moved here a few years ago from Chicago.