Quantcast

I'm a mess...what a crappy day!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
SO…I was suppose to go ride with friends this morning. But after having this Poising Oak infection keeping me up all night, I was not in any shape to drive all the way to Auburn (2+ hours) to ride all day. So I decided to stay here, get a quick ride in, then get meds for this hellish infection.

So I go to Pacifica to do a few quick morning runs. LAST run of the day I crashed pretty hard and open my left forearm pretty bad (2” long by like 1” wide).

Go to the ER to get stitches on my left forearm – The wound was pretty ugly, so she has to do what she called “Ghetto Plastic surgery”, cut some unnecessary skin so it would close properly. She then proceeded to take 2 layers of stitches. Now I’m sidelined for 10 days :(

Good think is that she also gave me a Prednisone prescription to take care of my Poison Oak. I guess one stone, two birds ;)

Just sux that I can't ride for a while...guess it could of been worse?

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
damn that sounds quite nasty, when it rains it pours.
ah well as long as you can still pick up a beer all is good:D .
anyway hope you heel up soon.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
damn man, sorry to hear you are having a rough time lately, it could be worse for sure!!!

poison oak is a beyotch, that pred. pack should take care of it though......

stitches blow! it'll be over before you know it!!!

RHmoto

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
South Bay, Cali
I feel for you man I basically did the same thing this past week. Went hiking in the morning and got poison oak all over my face and then went on a ride and of course came down on a rock and took a chunk out of my knee. A week, a cortizone shot, and some vicodin later i am almost able to ride. I am sorry to hear about what happened, best of luck in recovering. Drink up buddy trust me it helps.

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
That really sucks dude!! Well, at least its only a cut and not a broken bone. On the other hand, that poison oak sounds worst than the cut. They're just nasty and it brings me back memories. Lucky we don't see those up here.

Jan 26, 2004
that sucks man, i feel your pain with the poison oak. we don't have so much of that here, but poison ivy watch out. just keep the oak away from that wound, don't want that stuff to get into the blood. 1 week off school, not being able to open my mouth more than enough for a straw, and 6 pills 3 times daily taught me that.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Damn True
I'm pretty blessed in that I react very mildly to PO.

Luc, if your Turner needs to be kept warm while you are on the DL let me know.
:D
Thats nice, all that extra fat you put on can finally be useful.:D

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Ok I`am down here from Oregon ,I make it to Pasadena ,I get 2 flats :eek: :eek: :eek: ,so I need to buy tires .My main purpose here is to get my 3000 USD implant finnished ,the doc is installing the new fake tooth well the implant spins ( this happens 1 out of 100 :rolleyes: ) so the next day the slave cyclinder in my clutch goes out and I don`t have the tools here I have to pay a Mechanic to do it the dumbasses trys to charge me 3 hours for it :eek: ,I bark at the manager and tell him I can do that job in 1 1/2 `s he marks it down ,and just incase you don`t know the implant has to be right where it was when they made the impressions to get the corecct fit ,and to top it off I`am 1056 miles away from my wife and kids and it is too fricking hot here

duff-man

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Fresno, Ca.
Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck Luc, at least you can still throw back some cold ones. 10 days will be gone in no time!

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Welcome to the club of hurt, it seems that everyone is getting messed up lately. I got 4 stiches to the shin, my friend gets a 3 degree concusion from landing head first off a jump.... man this seasons been brutal. :eek:

Originally posted by Acadian
no frekkin way? where at and how? Pkill? :( Did you also see biggins thred in the lounge HERE :dead: :dead:

so many fallen :monkey:'s...

get well soon bro..
i was riding the local dh training shuttle, front wheel washed out on some rain slicked rocks...my hand was the first to hit the ground...on a square edged rock. end result, i broke a bone in my hand and dislocated my pinky...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
that sucks Luc.
If I had to choose though, I would take the stiches over the Poison Oak anyday.
I get a few times a year and it sucks everytime.
I know this will be very hard, but please remember to not touch your balls.;) That, my friend, is words of wisdom from a lesson learned.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Luc, that's a common mistake I've made too many times and simply refuse to make anymore. If you're feeling like crap to begin with stay home, last time I snuck out for a quick ride near my house because I didn't feel well enough for a longer group ride I separated my shoulder.

Same thing goes for not enough time, although this usually effects us with kids more than those without. If I'm rushing home to get a ride in before picking up my son and get an extra 15 minute delay I just bag the ride now as I've had bad luck trying to squeeze a 30 minute ride into 15, and I don't mean that I'm simply late picking him up.

I find that if something's trying to tell me not to ride on that day I have to listen for my own good.