To do's:
New wheelset with gold Pro IIs, silver spokes, Syncros DS28 or DT5.1
Gold seatpost clamp
Blackspire Stinger Guide (on order)
Gold pivot bolts (if I can find them)

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
You are a pic whore. Especially seeing as how I saw those pics not 10 minutes ago in the BR pic thread over at MTBR. :busted:

I just put a down payment on a an '07 baby blue medium BR frame from my nearest Transition dealer (about 3.5 hours away in Marrietta, GA). Hopefully I'll get to go down there and pick it up here within the next couple of weeks.
I'm pretty stoked right now and I haven't even seen my frame yet, so I know you are uber stoked.
When I get this bike put together, it's ON!
What kind of crank, BB and sprocket do you have on there? Looks like a BMX type setup. I was considering a Deity set for mine.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
The sprocket is a Stolen Engagement ring, cranks are poverty POW which are much nicer than I would've expected considering their price. The new Deity Vendettas are the absolute nicest cranks I've ever seen. What color scheme are you going to build it up with. The baby blue and red on the TBC site looks so amazing.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
The sprocket is a Stolen Engagement ring, cranks are poverty POW which are much nicer than I would've expected considering their price. The new Deity Vendettas are the absolute nicest cranks I've ever seen. What color scheme are you going to build it up with. The baby blue and red on the TBC site looks so amazing.
If ya don't mind me axin', less the pedals, how much did all the crankset items cost you? The crankset is one of the items that I'm still up in the air on.

As for the color, the one thing I'm set on, are the white Revolution 32 spoke wheelset. I am also thinking that I will go with either white cranks or white pedals; one or the other. Possibly even a white sprocket, black crank, white pedal or vice versa. And I also ordered an '08 Rockgardn Flak Jacket with the white armor panels today which should altho thtand out. Heyyyyy! LOL

It already has the black decals on it, but the other three color sets come with it. I'm going to try something a bit creative with the decals; see what I can do.

I'm sort of in limbo about what I'm going to do about a front fork. I can't be cheap and skimp in this area, but I have to be very frugal.
I'll probably try to find the least expensive 6-7" fork that is durable for freeride, big hits, etc. I just need something to get started and toy around with until I can afford a better model.

I can use the handlebars and stem from my other bike, so that's covered. I'm not sure what kind of headset I will get. I'm also not sure of what seat and seat post I will get.

Now if someone would only manufacture some axle pegs for mtb's and mtb forks so I can grind on some stuff, I'd be all set. :monkeydance:

All these singlespeeded BRs are trippin me out. They are really cool, just trips me out

I dig the build, how does the 36 Van feel on there as far as head angle and such. I am ordering one up, both a BR and a Van, just want to make sure its a good combo...diggin it, nice ride

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Well, the Fox 36 is what the BR was prototyped with, it feels fantastic.

Cranks with BB were $89.99. Chainwheel was $34.99 You'll need some additional washers to make the spacer insider the BB wide enough but you can find them at any hardware store. Just match them up with the ones that come with the cranks (you'll need those to get the chainline dialed in). If you plan on running gears in the back you'll need to get a chainwheel with 3/32" teeth (like a profile imperial), mine has 1/8" and I use a BMX chain as a 9spd chain is too narrow.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
Well, the Fox 36 is what the BR was prototyped with, it feels fantastic.

Cranks with BB were $89.99. Chainwheel was $34.99 You'll need some additional washers to make the spacer insider the BB wide enough but you can find them at any hardware store. Just match them up with the ones that come with the cranks (you'll need those to get the chainline dialed in). If you plan on running gears in the back you'll need to get a chainwheel with 3/32" teeth (like a profile imperial), mine has 1/8" and I use a BMX chain as a 9spd chain is too narrow.
Where did you get the crankset and chainwheel? And yes, I'm planning on running an X-9 med cage out back. I will also be getting a box chain guide. I have no clue which one of those I'm going to get either. I found this one but I don't know if it would be compatible with a setup similar to yours in front.
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15603-075_TRUBG7-3-Parts-382-Chain-Guides/Tensioners/Truvativ-Team-Boxguide-Chain-Guide-'07.htm
And roger that on the sprocket width. I will keep that in mind.
Thanks for the info. Congrats on your new BR. Hopefully I won't be too far behind.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
rmb, click on the pic, great deal on a very good fork. I was going to buy this till I found a great deal on my used 36. $319 is such a great deal. Something like a 160mm RS Domain would be a good choice too but it's a couple hundred bones more.