Quantcast

Im an official band photographer!! (the strokes)

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Doing the ends end sessions!! I snapped some shots at the strokes last week and the station wants me to come to all of them to document 8) 8)

Shots they are going to use from last week

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by HippieKai
sweet dude!
$$$ will be rollin in!
no cash(at least I dont think so) The deal is I get to go to them all, if I take pictures that they can use on their site:)

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
The Strokes rule! That's awesome you get to do their shows. Have fun man, the shots look great as always!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by derekpearson
no cash(at least I dont think so) The deal is I get to go to them all, if I take pictures that they can use on their site:)
thats cool to, free concerts are never a bad thing and it is a great promotional deal for you!:D What other bands do you get to go see soon, or are you just doing the strokes....... sorry but i think the stokes suck big time

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
thats cool to, free concerts are never a bad thing and it is a great promotional deal for you!:D What other bands do you get to go see soon, or are you just doing the strokes....... sorry but i think the stokes suck big time
aha. they were good! somebody in the crowd pissed them off though and they left after 5 songs:mad:

Dont know yet, Whatever the end can line up, nothing scheduled at this point. I missed perfect circle and muse cause I was out of town the last while though..

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by derekpearson
aha. they were good! somebody in the crowd pissed them off though and they left after 5 songs:mad:

i don't get it that's why they have bouncers.... to boot people out for that stuff.... bummer, sounds like a typical rock and roll primadonna check ya later i got a bag waitin for me kinda deal.....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
The strokes are great if you don't liked being weighed down with more than one chord in a song....

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
More great lens work from Derek...good **** man, have you Posted any new stuff on RJWB? Oh, and can you get me that girl in the last pics phone number?:D HAHAHAHAHAHa,

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
Originally posted by Get_Some
More great lens work from Derek...good **** man, have you Posted any new stuff on RJWB? Oh, and can you get me that girl in the last pics phone number?:D HAHAHAHAHAHa,

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Good for you Derek.

The Strokes are punk-ass, assholes. The came into our studio last year for a shoot for The Face drunk, stupid and uncooperative.

Some of their music is ok - some not. I can't help but be biased by their personalities though.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
From tonights muse end session. THey ROCKED!! HARD!!

Matthew belting it out

Chris on bass

Matthew again

Yers truly meets the band :D 8) :D 8)

Got lots more soon....

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by spincrazy
Good for you Derek.

The Strokes are punk-ass, assholes. The came into our studio last year for a shoot for The Face drunk, stupid and uncooperative.

Some of their music is ok - some not. I can't help but be biased by their personalities though.
Yep I can totally see that happening. I wasn't impressed with them in the least. Muse on the other hand, well, they were just cool.

:)