Quantcast

I'm back from Kingdom (VT)....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
...and I think I want to buy a plot of land and mountain bike there for the rest of my life (or at least until winter)! It was mountain bike nirvana. The whole town was centered around mountain biking and the local bike shop had some of the cheapest stuff I've seen anywhere (even beat online prices). I'm jealous of all the monkies going up for monkeyfest. You're going to have a blast. Make sure to check out the Louis Garneau outlet. I picked up 5 specialty jerseys, a pair of shorts and a super-light helmet all for under 100 bucks! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
haha...for sure. Rob has them and a pic. thread will be up asap
Glad you guys had fun! I'm about ready to fall over from exhaustion. (sp?)
My brain is fried and my motivation is fried.

I can't wait to see pics of your trip!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Glad you guys had fun! I'm about ready to fall over from exhaustion. (sp?)
My brain is fried and my motivation is fried.

I can't wait to see pics of your trip!!!
How's the new house coming?

We've got tons of pics! I'll try to get some up of the area and I'll let Rob handle the ride pics. since they're on his camera.

We should all go for a trip there! It would be a nice weekend

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
bluebug32 said:
We should all go for a trip there! It would be a nice weekend
You know what would be really cool would be if a bunch of people from RM met up at the Kingdom Trails every summer! :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I just submitted the first day's ride pics in the Ride Report forum.

Unfortunately, monkey fest didn't work well, since I don't have much time off to make it happen. The 4th of July holiday make everything work out very well though.

Maybe next year we'll get monkey fest. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
You know what would be really cool would be if a bunch of people from RM met up at the Kingdom Trails every summer! :D

thats a great idea!

I could do that, maybe like the w/e of July 22/23 !?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
robdamanii said:
Missed the pizza, but we had the IPA at the Pub Out Back. It was quite good, as was the Pastrami and Onion Rings. :thumb:
The IPA is good, but the nitrogen IPA is even better!

The Pub Outback makes a mean bacon cheeseburger. :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
splat said:
I'm Going up there next week!!!

Wooo Hoo.

Maybe I'll check out the LG outlet this time.
We cleaned up there. Kingdom gave us 25% off coupons, and the day we went we got an extra 10% off because it was the first day of their summer hours.

I picked up a few more jerseys and a couple pairs of shorts for about $100. One of the jerseys alone retails for about $75. :hot:

And check out the ride thread...there's something in there of interest to you.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
weird story....we were out on the trail one day (totally lacking RM items) and a guy stops and was like, "hey, are you two on Ridemonkey? My friend, Tim...Narlus posts there"

Hey, Narlus, do you have our pics on your community dartboard or something?? ;)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
dogwonder said:
It always seems like there is a ton of French Canadians on the trails when I go, did you hear a lot of French chatter out there?
We heard a fair amount, but they were all fairly friendly and courteous. Some of them were just plain obnoxious, but there's a few in every group it seems.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
We heard a fair amount, but they were all fairly friendly and courteous. Some of them were just plain obnoxious, but there's a few in every group it seems.
It seems like they are all in full on XC race gear though, compression shorts, nothing baggy. I think we should rename that section of the country the United States of Quebec.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dogwonder said:
It seems like they are all in full on XC race gear though, compression shorts, nothing baggy. I think we should rename that section of the country the United States of Quebec.
They were cool. I think the language barrier had them confused when they'd be riding past and we asked if they had anymore riders in their group.

Have you ever been on Sidewinder? I think I'd drive back there for 5 hours just for that bitchin' double black diamond piece of heaven :thumb:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
splat said:
You say that like it is a bad thing ?
johnbryanpeters said:
I think we should stop ragging on other people. You look like you want to look, let others do likewise.
no, no, no...just an observation. And it's not a bad thing with some of the French ladies I've seen biking :thumb:

BB, don't know if I remember Sidewinder, which section of the system is it in? If I'm going up Darling Hill, is it on the left before you get to the road along the top (what I affectionately call the lower left)?