Quantcast

I'm Back! Woo hoo!

PhreakOut

Chimp
May 11, 2017

My first mountain bike was a Diamondback Ascent EX . . . I think this was 1987

Over the years I've had several mountain bikes - FS, hard tails, SS's, aluminum frames, steel frames, 26's and 29ers

I've been away from the sport for a while but I just came back - I purchased a bike last Thursday and today I rode ~9 miles in the woods (Allatoona Creek) on the new machine and it was simply blissful - I'm out of shape but I totally love this sport

Oh - I used to be a member here but I totally forgot my user name so, now I'm PhreakOut

Thanks,

PO

Attachments

PhreakOut

Chimp
May 11, 2017
We have ridden together - that was quite a long time ago! I did a search (after I created this new account - oops) and I used to be Old Dude

Let's go riding again

Allatoona Creek is awesome - even I can get up those hills without killing myself (ha - Turtle Back and Mumbo Jumbo)

I'm off Friday through Sunday this summer - and I have a new bicycle - woo hoo!

PhreakOut

Chimp
May 11, 2017
Took wifey with me today - again, back at Allatoona Creek

I replaced the rear derailleur hangar on my (really old) Giant XTC1, lowered the seat, cleaned the chain, and tossed on some flat pedals for her

She rode the Rusty Bucket loop three times - it's a beginners trail, and it's only a one mile loop - BUT- she did it!

She has only been mountain biking with me one time - that was many years ago and that trail was way too advanced for a first timer so, today was a total victory!

She really needs a medium frame (I ride large frame mountain bikes, 58cm road bikes) and I will be happy to buy her a bike if she sticks with it - she didn't complain or anything - slow as hell but that's to be expected

Woo hoo!