Quantcast

I'm back....

J

JRB

narlus said:
loco, how're yr 'roids?
Inflamed. Having a bit of a run in with attorneys from the old job. Turns out they don't think you should work for a direct competitor when they let you go. :confused:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Inflamed. Having a bit of a run in with attorneys from the old job. Turns out they don't think you should work for a direct competitor when they let you go. :confused:
Did you ever sign a non competetive agreement? If not they are wrong, even then things like this are very hard for them to enforce. Of course they can make you spend thousands protecting your ass with a lawyer. Good luck with that and all your other anal ailments.

J

JRB

narlus said:
really? hell, i could see if you signed a non-compete clause, but weren't you just dumped?
Yup - It's kind of like they just realized that it was a bad idea, and that someone would want me so soon worries them. Funny thing is, I have some morals and ethics that protect them more than the law, but they still choose to screw with me. Some folks are working on a release on my behalf. It's stupid, really.

J

JRB

Westy said:
Did you ever sign a non competetive agreement? If not they are wrong, even then things like this are very hard for them to enforce. Of course they can make you spend thousands protecting your ass with a lawyer. Good luck with that and all your other anal ailments.
Yeah - but when it's said and done, they will pay for the attorneys. :think:

*I just signed that I would protect trade secrets and would not disparage them. No non-compete. It's really just a shot over the bow, but it's still frustrating and annoying.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
Yeah - but when it's said and done, they will pay for the attorneys. :think:

*I just signed that I would protect trade secrets and would not disparage them. No non-compete. It's really just a shot over the bow, but it's still frustrating and annoying.
So you would have shut up and did that anyways, but they forced you to abide by your own ethics legally?

That.

Is.

LAME.

"YOU'RE FIRED....don't say anything bad about us though, ok?"

J

JRB

H8R said:
So you would have shut up and did that anyways, but they forced you to abide by your own ethics legally?

That.

Is.

LAME.

"YOU'RE FIRED....don't say anything bad about us though, ok?"
Yes - that is pretty much right. :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
Yes - that is pretty much right. :think:
Personlly, when someone tries to force me to do something I would have done out of kindness and/or ethics anyway, I kill them in the face.

Get stabby bro.