Quantcast

I'm back.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
After 6 depressing months of having no trail bike, I finally got my new one built up today.

2013 Specialized Stump Jumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO

Weighing in at 25.25lbs. I will see how it rides tomorrow. Pretty excited. :weee:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha thanks guys. I am sure all of your things are nicer than my things. It's ok.

Its actually gnarbon fiber.

Should be riding later this afternoon after some more work on the kitchen remodel that still is not completed haha.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys.

Got 12 miles in on it this morning. So far so good. Hopefully get a second ride in this evening. I enjoy weekends where the wife is out of town. haha

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Well, that didn't take long. Got about 30 miles in on the bike this weekend before my shoulder dislocated randomly in a berm. No crashing or anything, it just popped out. This is also the same shoulder I've had surgery on x2 before. Haven't had any issues since the last surgery a couple years ago.

Quite disappointed to be honest. I've even been doing shoulder strengthening exersizes etc the last couple years to avoid this type of thing from happening.

Besides my shoulder, the bike is killer. I came to the conclusion that I need a slightly beefier fork though. Probably go for the 34 version of the fork when I can afford it.

Anyways, I have an appointment with the orthopedic doc this Thursday to diagnose what the **** happened in there. Pretty sore today.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, things got worse this morning. It dislocated again while moving my arm onto the armrest of my chair. Took longer to get back in and was more painful. FML.

I have ridden the new trail out there, its pretty awesome. Actually took a couple photos out there this weekend on the new bike:

You can also see a little bit of my new leg tattoo. I will post some new photos of it when its totally healed up.