Quantcast

Im bringin' sexy bike YEAH!! (big pics beware)

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
you other boys dont know how to act.

yeah... just got the new whip put together, found a few decent deals and a couple quarters in couch and decided to pull the trigger :happydance:

rides like a dream, jumps like a fiend I cant get enough of this bike... too bad I blew out my knee yesterday :bonk:

elegant i know :banana:

sorry about the big pics....

any ideas on anything I can improve on? Im thinking maybe a shorter stem... but dont have one....

-Jacob

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Dude, why you running a tensioner and front derailleur? You've got horizontal dropouts and a bolt on wheel.

I would get a shorter stem too.

Looks like a damn fine ride otherwise.

By slack he means the headtube is leaned back so it won't handle as quick as some other bikes.

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
money is the word my friend.... I need to save moeny for my apartment next year... so why buy when I can make due?? (ie rear der.) the front der. is cause I was dropping chains when the chain was shorter... I probly dont need it now, but Im not shootin for aesthetics.

As for the slackness.. I actually prefer a slack ride... Im used to riding a monster like my dirtbag so I cant really tell...:bonk:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I think you are missing the point. You could take some links out of the chain, ditch the mechs and come out a lot lighter and way more functional...

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
ya, for real man.....just bust out the chain breaker, ditch the ders, and shorten the chain so its nice'n'tite....if you are still having issues find an old chainring to put in the chain to keep tension up.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah. Just find a place where you can connect the chain, it'll be tight, and you can put your rear wheel somewhere in the dropout. Tomorrow I'll snap a pic of how to do that if you want.