Quantcast

I'm building a new bike!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
And its not a road or cyclocross bike! :D The last two years I've trained for, and then raced, mountain bikes. I typically do the first few races of the year and then stop racing because I lose interest (racing for mid pack is no fun). I decided that I wanted to build a mountain bike that was completely different than any of my other bikes...I'm going to build a SS 29er, full rigid. I think I'll have more fun racing SS and it will be good preparation for cyclocross season (which is my main goal). I bought this frame for $99 from Performance:p I figured you can't beat it for the price. I'm posting this here because I don't post in any other forum anymore.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Return on Jedi this year on that???
Most likely...in all the years I've raced, I've never hit that race. My parents live in SO and now that we have a child, we need to go down that direction more :D I was going to time family visits with SO races!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Most likely...in all the years I've raced, I've never hit that race. My parents live in SO and now that we have a child, we need to go down that direction more :D I was going to time family visits with SO races!
That race will rock your pants off. Best ever trails I've raced on in my life...except for France.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That'll get it done. I had one of those briefly - not bad construction for the price. Long chainstays, but plenty of room for any size tire essentially. the headset that comes with it is a piece of crap - replace it immediately if you plan on keeping it long term. Trust me.

Cheers,

Mark

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh and you might be able to achieve a 32:20 magic gear ratio with that frame - I think. otherwise you'll need a chain tensioner or ENO hub to run it SS properly.