Quantcast

i'm cannondalejunky and i suffer from "LAS"

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i'm wondering if anyone else here suffers from what i like to call Lazy Ass Syndrome or LAS for short....ever since i started working full time at my current job, i seem to be getting lazier and lazier when i get home. i spend all day at my office in front of a computer, so you figure when i got home the last thing i'd want to do is sit down and watch tv or take a nap. it just seems like i have trouble doing anything at all...i've even had a few nights where i didn't eat dinner, cause i didn't feel like getting up and making anything...i used to think it was because i drank caffeine during the day, so i stopped drinking caffeine, and it seemed to work for a little while...but now i'm just back to my normal lazy self...i want to exercise more but i just cant seem to get motivation to run, bike, play basketball with my friends, ect...i'm not going home and playing video games or anything like that...i'll get up to go do something then i'll get about halfway done with what i was going to do, then i'll just sit back down.

does anyone have any suggestions...or been like this before...i don't know of its a.d.d., or not getting enough sleep...i just don't know anymore

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Go to bed early. All through college I had the typical college sleep schedule......up til 3-4am, up 5 minutes before my first class, whether class was at 8am or 1pm. Sleep for 15-16 hours on weekends. It was terrible. When I first started working full time, it was a bit rough, being super tired every morning, and not being able to sleep at night. Eventually (after about a month), I got to the point where waking up at 6am wasn't a problem, never yawning/tired at work, ride almost everyday after work for 2-2.5hrs, eat dinner and be in bed by 10:00-10:30pm. Speaking of which......it's 10:23, time to hit the sack. ;)

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
I think the Cannondale is the problem. Try riding a fun bike, something like an Intense, Turner or perhaps a Mojo Carbon (depends on your type of riding of course). This is especially true if you have a Lefty fork. If so, try Fox, Rock Shox or even Marz.

Good luck. You'll thank me later.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
I think the Cannondale is the problem. Try riding a fun bike, something like an Intense, Turner or perhaps a Mojo Carbon (depends on your type of riding of course). This is especially true if you have a Lefty fork. If so, try Fox, Rock Shox or even Marz.

Good luck. You'll thank me later.
hey i like my three cannondales, even thought 2 of them are in a un-rideable status

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Its computers. They suck the life out of you. I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to have more energy after work when I was slogging 60 pound packs through the Alaskan Wilderness. Computers are torture.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm the same way. I chalk a lot of it up to boredom, you can only do so certain things so many times before it becomes torture. I actually blame biking a bit. I go for a ride and pretty much spend hours overstimulated. After that few things can even get the needle to move.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'm the same way. I chalk a lot of it up to boredom, you can only do so certain things so many times before it becomes torture. I actually blame biking a bit. I go for a ride and pretty much spend hours overstimulated. After that few things can even get the needle to move.
Maybe reposition your seat?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I try to get thing done before work, so I can be lazy when I get home.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Go outside, even if it's just to sit in the sun for a while.

Florescent lights and sitting in front of a computer all day is draining.

Some people are prone to UV Depravation, which will cause sluggishness.

Go outside.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am with yall on the computer tip. I am on one 8 hours M-F & I feel zapped come 5 o'clock. My problem is I am still jazzed for an hour or so from the day.

I still have a nice leisurely apres work though.