Quantcast

I'm disliking working early weekend mornings

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
This is seriously throwing me off. Monday night is now Saturday night. All of my housemates are asleep by 11. Goddamn.

At least now that I have a job, my body's clock has me rising before 830 AM if I go to bed by 3. I was growing tired of days that started at 11. For work I get up at 530 Fri/Sat/Sun, once school gets going I'll get my Saturday nights back and skip out on Sundays. It's really the only thing I hate about my job (and the pay, but that was a given when I was hunting)...Great people, fun work, but the fvckin' hours...Definitely not a morning person. I can pass out at 9 PM and still not want to get up until 8.

Anyone else work weekends?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
when I worked at the golf course, i worked either 6am - 2pm on Saturdays and Sundays, or 7am - 5pm. either way, it sucked.

now that i'm at a bike shop, 50+hr weeks topped off with 12hrs Saturdays is the name of the game since I do ride support. Nothing like getting up at 3:30am in order to go work on bikes until 6pm.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
y'all can suck it up. my hours for the past two months have been 5:15a-6:15p on average x 6 days a week, with a few 30 hour shifts thrown in for extra good times. weekend? what's a weekend?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
y'all can suck it up. my hours for the past two months have been 5:15a-6:15p on average x 6 days a week, with a few 30 hour shifts thrown in for extra good times. weekend? what's a weekend?
I bet somewhere in that big 'ole hospital you work in they have some vagasil or at least some sort of irrigator to get the sand out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
y'all can suck it up. my hours for the past two months have been 5:15a-6:15p on average x 6 days a week...
Those were my hours taking care of show dogs.

Although a lot of those hours were spent watching TV in the living room with them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I bet somewhere in that big 'ole hospital you work in they have some vagasil or at least some sort of irrigator to get the sand out.
lotsa ky packets, ya... at least it's only a year of this suckiness. on the other hand, it is better to be doing this than waiting another year without a job trying to match.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
I dont know what you all are crying about..I have been working 40+ hours a week, for the same company, for the last 8 years.

Suck it up princesses.