Quantcast

Im dying to go ride!

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Do you ski or snowboard? I'm more of a snowboarder then a biker so I guess that why I don't freak out during the winter.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Plane ticket is your answer, me and some other friends are going to get out of here and go to Ray's mtb park for a weekend. I really need to get out and ride. I am hoping the warm weather this coming week thaws out Grand Junction and Fruita.

I ski but after about a hour on the slopes I am bored and go home. Riding DH is so much more fun. The last few powder days(8"+) I did not even bother to put the skis on and just went to the gym(gotta be ready for the DH season) when I finished work.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Yo, Colorado dudes - I just got done with a super fun xc ride down in Pueblo. The canyons and north-facing stuff was muddy, but it was a helluva lot better than sitting at home. The trails aren't super technical or anything and the most sustained climbing you'd get would be like 250 vertical (perfect for us dh'ers), but it was good riding in the dirt. Basically, I just charged real hard up the mesas and treated it like intervals or something.

BTW, Pueblo is only 1hr 45 min from my house in N Denver. If you're hungry enough, you'll find a way to eat!

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I have heard Pueblo might have some clear trails to ride. Just to far for me to get to so I have not looked into it.

edit: Looks like Matt heard also.

65 and sunny here today suckas. Did a trail ride and then played on my DJ's and slalom course in my backyard.

I'm just kidding on the suckas part by the way - I'm envious of your location in the summer no doubt. I live just outside of the NC mountains and the weather has been crazy warm here the last couple weeks. Highs in the upper 50's and low 60's. real unseasonable, but I'll take it cause just like you guys I can't wait until spring and summer.

What are some good places for lift access in your neck of the woods? Cooper? Keystone? Snowmass? Anyway, hang in there mtb season is not to far away.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Snowmass is supposed to be running the gondola this year for DH trails. This came from a guy on their trail crew last summer as they were coming off the mountain from working on the new trails.

I am usually to busy with races to make it for just riding weekends. Keystone is good, I was broken last year so I never got to try out Sol Vista, the place looks great.

It is interesting how Copper who is owned by Interwest is not doing anything for DH bikes. They want simple trails for families to sight see on. I guess the DH crowd left a bad impression a few years ago.:disgust:

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
not to brag I went to the red bull rampage today in zions,it was a blast except it was muddy in some areas,then went to st.george to go hit some fingers, the dirt was perfect in some areas but just great to get out and ride,thought I would just share some time I had today.
the weather is getting goood you guys and it won't be long before it gets better.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
it's a frozen piece of water drop that falls to the earth and fills up your trails so you can't ride for a season,but thats not whats important right now,whats important right now is that people are tired of being cooped up with there bike and need to ride!! ha ha I couldn't resist,I love that line.(Airplane) best spoof show around?

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
65 and sunny here today suckas. Did a trail ride and then played on my DJ's and slalom course in my backyard.

I'm just kidding on the suckas part by the way - I'm envious of your location in the summer no doubt. I live just outside of the NC mountains and the weather has been crazy warm here the last couple weeks. Highs in the upper 50's and low 60's. real unseasonable, but I'll take it cause just like you guys I can't wait until spring and summer.

What are some good places for lift access in your neck of the woods? Cooper? Keystone? Snowmass? Anyway, hang in there mtb season is not to far away.

got ya beat. Sunny, mid 70's with a slight off-shore breeze. Gorgeous day! Oh, and thers a sweel building, so tomorrow I might go biking and then go hit the beach for some 7-8 foot sets! :busted:

got ya beat. Sunny, mid 70's with a slight off-shore breeze. Gorgeous day! Oh, and thers a sweel building, so tomorrow I might go biking and then go hit the beach for some 7-8 foot sets! :busted:
So you heading to Blacks then? The weather sounds nice, enjoy the waves and that cold a$$ water. How are the trails in your area anyway? I've surfed in San Diego, but never took my bike there.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So you heading to Blacks then? The weather sounds nice, enjoy the waves and that cold a$$ water. How are the trails in your area anyway? I've surfed in San Diego, but never took my bike there.
Hey John,
I just did a road ride in between in Mills River and Hendersonville and accidentally popped out on 280 near the Asheville Airport. One backtrack, an insanely beautiful stretch of fields and a butt puckering ride in high winds from Mills River Rd to Hwy 191 later..I got an hour long punch in the face from the wind. But damn am I a happy boy!!!

It is interesting how Copper who is owned by Interwest is not doing anything for DH bikes. They want simple trails for families to sight see on. I guess the DH crowd left a bad impression a few years ago.:disgust:
I worked at Copper for a few summers and their logic for not opening DH trails was the Keystone had the market cornered for DH in Summit County and so they werent going to try and compete with Keystone. My question was "why do you have skiing and snowboarding? Isn't that competing against Keystone?"

Yet, Intrawest has started (cough, cough) "developing" Winter Park as a DH Mecca, but are doing a lousy job, thank goodness for Sol Vista and Big Crank for putting together a real haven for DHers

Hey John,
I just did a road ride in between in Mills River and Hendersonville and accidentally popped out on 280 near the Asheville Airport. One backtrack, an insanely beautiful stretch of fields and a butt puckering ride in high winds from Mills River Rd to Hwy 191 later..I got an hour long punch in the face from the wind. But damn am I a happy boy!!!
A couple of those roads would be sketchy in the wind we are having right now. Sending you a pm....

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Yet, Intrawest has started (cough, cough) "developing" Winter Park as a DH Mecca, but are doing a lousy job, thank goodness for Sol Vista and Big Crank for putting together a real haven for DHers
Couldn't have said it any better myself. :clapping:
Thanks to Swentz, Sharp and the Big Crank Crew!!
You guys make it happen and we thank you!!

On the Winter park bit:
Q: What the F*** are they doing over there?
A: NOTHING decent thus far I've seen.

I'm still waiting for the DH mecca part...
Along with everyone else. :plthumbsdown: