Quantcast

i'm even steven now......

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've shrunk, kinda.....
When the doc put the rod in my left leg they had to cinch it up a tad to get more bone for the screws to take. He told me i'd be an inch shorter in one leg.
The crazy thing is i've always been an inch taller in that leg. It's the reason i've got scoliosis and i've worn a lift in my right shoe ever since i was a kid.
Today just to double check i measured myself by standing on each leg and sure enough i'm totally even now.....
Funny thing was when people asked me how tall i was i'd always say, "depends on which leg i stand on." People would never understand that i was being serious, they'd laugh it off thinking i was just being my normal nerd-ball self.
i'm no longer 6'2'' on my left, i'm officially 6'1" on both legs now.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i've never heard anything like this before... er, congrats?! :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it reminds me somehow of the movie gattaca, where characters would have their lower legs broken either to drop out of society or for stretching treatments to get taller :eek:

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
Toshi said:
it reminds me somehow of the movie gattaca, where characters would have their lower legs broken either to drop out of society or for stretching treatments to get taller :eek:
Actually I've heard of similar things being done in China. I guess being tall is the new status symbol :think:

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Toshi said:

actually the one dude who dropped out of society was in a car wreck or something and couldn't be an athlete anymore so he sold his identity to another guy, who had to become taller to be more like the other guy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stringcheese said:
actually the one dude who dropped out of society was in a car wreck or something and couldn't be an athlete anymore so he sold his identity to another guy, who had to become taller to be more like the other guy.
the implication was that the car wreck guy had walked in front of the car intentionally...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
SkaredShtles said:
Hey Skookum. 1986 called and they want their phrase back........ :rolleyes: :D

-S.S.-
aaahhh 1986 i was in art class making "JISM" brand hand lotion in commercial art class. No wonder i'm a roofer now......

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Hey Skookum,

Are you walking yet? Riding? I am finally walking without the crutches, albeit very slowly, but walking is walking. Glad to hear you're healing up with side benefits.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ciaran said:
Hey Skookum,

Are you walking yet? Riding? I am finally walking without the crutches, albeit very slowly, but walking is walking. Glad to hear you're healing up with side benefits.
Yah you're catching up to me. i've been walking around without crutches for over a week now. My tibia took a while longer to heal up, so then when that pain went away, i started getting pain in my knee from the split tendon. So i've been goin to phsical therapy and that's helping out alot. The swelling is just now starting to go down a little, but i still have to ice and elevate it. But right after this post i'm going to go for a road ride, first ride of taking the bike off the trainer. Walking and riding is still painful but if you want to heal faster you gotta keep working as hard as you can.