Quantcast

I'm feeling devastated, this is a guy I work with

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
he is at SF General in a coma all because of what???? damn it all. GFF he made it back from the sand box and now this crap. I have worked side by side with him many times. Damn good guy

Calfire firefighter struck in Richmond district hit-and-run in critical condition | Andrea Koskey | Crime | San Francisco Examiner

Calfire firefighter struck in Richmond district hit-and-run in critical condition

By:Andrea Koskey | 11/27/11 2:39 PM
Examiner Staff Writer.
this is the attacker

San Francisco police are looking for this suspect in an alleged hit-and-run in the Richmond district early Thanksgiving morning.

A Calfire firefighter who was intentionally struck by a vehicle Thursday morning, remains in critical condition and the San Francisco Police Department continues to look for the suspect.

The 29-year-old firefighter was struck by a car in the Shell gas station parking lot at Geary Boulevard and Ninth Avenue around 2:45 a.m., according to the police.

Before the physical attack, police said, the victim and the suspect had gotten into an argument at a restaurant two blocks away, at the corner of 11th Avenue and Geary Boulevard. The two were separated and the victim reportedly left the restaurant.

The victim then walked to the gas station and the suspect, described as a mixed race or Latino man between the ages of 18 and 24 years old, drove to the gas station and intentionally hit the victim, according to police.

The suspect was seen leaving the gas station in a black Mazda CX or similar SUV, with possible front end damage. The car has 12-spoke sport rims.

The victim is a San Francisco native, according to Calfire Capt. Jonathan Cox. The victim, whose name was not released by Calfire, has worked as a seasonal firefighter for the past five years at the Saratoga Summit Fire Station, in Santa Clara County.

According to Cox, the man also served as a Marine for four years and served in Iraq. He remains in critical condition at San Francisco General Hospital.

“Our main concern is his well being and recovery, and assisting SFPD in their ongoing investigation,” Cox said.

The suspect remains on the loose, according to police. Anyone with information on the suspect or the incident is asked contact police on the anonymous tip line at 415-575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Horrible.

Just walk away like the Marine did. What a coward to use your car to settle the argument.

I will keep an eye out for a busted up Madza in my part of town.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Horrible news. When they catch the cowardly bastard, I hope he resists arrest so the cops can make him comply.

Hope your buddy pulls through and recovers fully.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
They got the Bastard

Police have arrested a South San Francisco man who they believe intentionally ran over a Cal Fire firefighter in San Francisco's Richmond District after the men argued in a fast food restaurant early Thanksgiving morning.

Eduardo Shaparo, 22, was taken into custody just before midnight Tuesday at his home in connection with a crash that left 29-year-old Albert Bartal in critical condition, police said. Shaparo is being held on suspicion of mayhem attempted murder and assault.

A San Francisco police officer who saw the images of the suspect released to the media recognized Shaparo. He helped investigators identify him as the suspect, police said.

Police say Shaparo and Bartal, a former marine, got into an argument at a Jack in the Box hamburger restaurant at 11th Avenue and Geary Boulevard early Thanksgiving morning. Witnesses broke up the tussle and then the men went their separate ways.

After the confrontation Bartal was walking in the parking lot of a Shell gas station at Ninth Avenue and Geary around 2:45 a.m. when someone intentionally ran him over, police said. Bartal was in critical condition as a result of his injuries. Police said they haven't yet found the Ford Edge or Mazda CX-style vehicle they believe Shaparo was driving.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
FCVK YEA! Hope he resisted arrest.

Really do hope your buddy pulls through. Sucks that a fellow vet made it home only to get run down by a scraggly little cowardly bastard.