Quantcast

I'm getting a hardtail lol

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
It's kinda the last thing I need or want but sometimes that's just that.
A few years ago my very best friend died of cancer. All of his bikes went to another friend. That was cool as those 2 rode together and hung out for years before I even knew Jerry. Well anyway, he now say's he won't be doing anything with them and wants them out of his way.
He offered to give them back to Jerry's wife but a bunch of old bikes (most are basket cases) is not on her list. But it was cool of him to offer them to her first. So she didn't know what to do and called me. She asked me what this stuff is worth and said she needs help to just sell it all. He has a few stock ones that are in real ruff shape but to a collector would be worth something. I think this bike would be used for parts at best. But in the 70's when Jerry built it it was a very cool bike and his pride and joy.

Jerry built this bike when he was 19 and loved this thing. He put s hit loads of miles on it only like a 19 ~ 21 year old kid could do on a hard tail chopper. I told his wife that's pretty much all that's left and it would be a real shame to see it get parted out or to just loose track of it.

So in a nut shell she's going to let me hang on to it. I want to do some re-chrome and get Krazy Colors to spray some black paint for me. Then I'll just put in in the lobby of my shop and just let it chill. I'll prolly never start it but it will be like my bro is hangin out with me. I know it's strange but oh well.

Anyway here's an old skool chopper "custom" built in the mid 70's. The last I knew was it had a 1947 650 c.c engine but I know he had a '57 engine for it too. I think the '47 is in it but not sure.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
BTW, that fork looks flexy to me also. And I bet the rebound damping is a bit fast on it.

Could you imagin just how poor that thing handles? I bet my DH bike has better braking power too!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
That's awsome man. I love those old bikes.

My condolences on the loss of your friend. Sounds like you'll have a part of him there in your shop with you. :thumb:

What kind of shop do you have?

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I sell high performance parts. And I just bought a small machine shop. I get the keys today! Anyway I'm going to merge the performance parts biz into the same shop space.
I have some other old skool hot rod & old race boat stuff to stick in there. This bike will fit in nice once I get it looking better.

Oh, thanks for the kind words. He's in a much better place even though we all miss him.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
I used to have an old FX (Harley big twin) motor in a Paughco rigid frame with a springer front end. My best riding buddy had a rigid pre-unit Triumph. Man, I so loved that bike. I woulda traded my harley for it, but he wasn't having any of that.

Fawk, everyone and their sister is making payments on a hog nowadays, but how many old trumpet choppers do you see out there?

RoXors!!!

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Someone knows their bikes. Not only did Lux notice it was a Triumph but he noticed it's a pre unit too!
I'm also getting a never used frame (just like the above) and a pile of engine parts. Pre unit parts look like they are getting hard to find.