Quantcast

I'm getting cranky over cranksets! Help me decide.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I used to ride for 3 hours a day about 4 days per week. Currently I haven't been free to ride in about 3 months but that should be changing soon. I used to ride freeride and do stupid scary things but those days are gone and I am going to happily embrace my all-mountain enduro roots.

I'm selling my Yeti AS-X and building a 575 and can't decide on my crankset. I've got it down to

1) Shimano SLX
2) Race Face Evolve XC ('08)
3) Shimano XT (M770)

I had a really good experience with Race Face Prodigy XC cranks on a hardtail back in 2001 and Evolve DH on my ASX. The Evolve set is cheapest but I might want to give Shimano a try again. I had Shimano cranks in 2000 and they were awful but I hear nothing but good things about these two sets.

So, if I'm looking to spend the least amount of money but want to be very satisfied with my crankset, which one? The Evolve XCs and SLX cranksets are very close in price (eBay) which makes this tough, and I'm not ready to fully rule out the XTs... hmmm :monkey:

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2007
Israel
hey man Look into the Raceface Atlas AM i think u are a more aggressive rider and the evolve xc isn't really for you,Ive had some experience with both cranks and i would take the Atlas over the evolve.Get with a two ring setup and a nice bash maybe a Salsa or Pilo bash those are sweet.